These super cute "rocker" invites from TinyPrints.com fit an American Idol party theme just perfectly!
Fill-in-the-blank American Idol invitations are another good (and easy) option. They come in packages of 8 and are very reasonably priced. All you have to do is fill in the party details and stick them in the mail!
For added party fun, note on your invitations for everyone to come dressed as a rock star.
You may also want to ask them to bring their favorite music so your party will have music to suit everyone's tastes.
The easiest and cheapest way to buy American Idol Party supplies is to buy a party pack from CelebrateExpress.com.
I have done this on several occasions and I'm now convinced that it is a great way to go! You get all of the party supplies that you need in one box, for less money than it would cost you to buy everything individually, and all your supply shopping is done with a click of your mouse!
These party packs include invitations, dinner plates, cups, forks, spoons, and activity placemats for eight people, PLUS (16) 3-D napkins, solid-color tablecover, a 3-D centerpiece, a 3-D mylar balloon, 18 balloons in 3 colors, curling ribbon in 3 colors, crepe paper rolls in 3 colors, musical notes confetti, cake candles, and 8 pair of 3-D glasses to view the items...all for an exceptional price!
Do you have more than 8 guests coming? No problem! You can purchase extra party supplies to fit your needs.
- Stars, stars, and more stars! The theme here is all about becoming a superstar, so the more stars the better! You can find metallic, cardboard stars in a variety of sizes at your local party store for pretty low prices. Hang them from the ceiling, tape them to the wall, put them anywhere you have space! If you're unable to find the pre-made stars, you can make your own out of metallic cardstock and use those instead.
- Balloons are a must! If you order the
party packs mentioned above, latex balloons, a mylar balloon, and curling
ribbon are all included. Otherwise, pink, purple, and silver balloons would go perfectly with this theme.
Let the balloons hang freely at the party, with the curling ribbon hanging down. This adds some pizazz to the party atmosphere!
Group a few together and hang them on the mailbox to mark the party location.
Helpful Hint: About a week before the party, take your balloons to a party store and place your helium order. Let them know the date and time that you'll need the balloons and they will have them all ready to be picked up!
- For this party you are going to need a performing area. The amount of space that you have to work with will dictate how far you go with this. The bottom line is, you want to have a "stage." This can be as simple as draping a large sheet as a backdrop, or as extravagant as building an actual platform. Whichever way suits you, just be sure that your performing area is close to your music source.
- A karaoke machine or stereo to plug in a microphone
- Microphones: If you don't have equipment to use real microphones, try these American Idol microphones .
- Lots of music, including karaoke CDs! You can make a party playlist at Apple iTunes.
- A charged camera and/or camcorder
- Contestant Registration
Use your computer to make Contestant Badges for your guests, or order some contestant badges .
Also make a list of the song choices that you have for the contestants to choose from. Make a copies so there are plenty for the kids to look through.
Set up a registration table. Have the song lists and badges ready. As the guests arrive, have them "sign in" at the registration table.
Give them their contestant badges, song lists and a copy of the ground rules for the competition. (See Below).
- The Competition
Although they may sing their hearts out at home, the likelihood of them wanting to do it in front of a crowd is a little different!
So, when we say "competition", we really mean just having a good time. The kids are much more likely to open up and have fun if they don't feel like they are being put on the spot.
With that in mind, lay down some ground rules that you think will put everyone at ease, like it's okay to lip-sync or sing as a group, or that there won't be any cruel judging.
The less pressure there is to perform, the more fun the kids will have. Encourage them to be goofy and enjoy themselves!
Play their favorite music, compliment their efforts, and let them be silly.
If there's someone who's too shy to join in the singing fun, have them help with playing the music.
- The Photo Shoot
During the performances, take lots of pictures!
When the competition is over, declare everyone a superstar and announce a photo shoot for the new American Idols.
For added fun you can have sunglasses, hats, feather boas, makeup, etc. available to "glam up" the rock stars.
Have them "strike a pose" individually and as a group for the photo shoot. Encourage them to be silly and you will get better pictures.
Enclose a picture of each guest, or a group picture along with each thank you note.
- Autograph Session
Create little autograph books out of paper and put the American Idol logo on the cover. Purchase fancy pens for the kids to write with.
Once everyone has been declared a star, they can get each others autographs in autograph books.
Have them come up with fun trademarks (hearts, lipstick kisses, etc.) to go beside their autographs.
These books pull double duty as a party activity and as a party favor!
American Idol favor boxes, like the party supplies, are also available from Celebrate Express.
As a matter of fact, 8 favor boxes can be added to the American Idol party package mentioned above and you will pay less than if you purchased the favors individually!
Other favor ideas include:
- Picture Frames: Personalize the frame for each guest. When you send the thank you note, enclose a picture of the guest (or the group) from the party.
- Make a CD: Buy a bundle of blank CDs and burn your pre-teen's favorite songs on the discs. Enclose a CD in each goody bag. Make special party labels to complete the gift.
- Autograph Books: The kids LOVE these!
- Pop-Rocks Candy
American Idol Party Food
Here are some fun foods with an American Idol Party twist:
Fan-favorite Fruit Kabobs: Thread the fruit onto wooden skewers or party picks, alternating the fruit. Serve with Hawaiian fruit dip.
Super Star Sandwiches: Prepare sandwiches using your favorite sandwich fillings. Cut them into star shapes using a star cookie cutter.
Pop Star Punch: Combine one container of frozen orange juice, thawed, one large can of pineapple juice, and one 2-liter bottle of Sprite in a large punch bowl. Mix well and enjoy!
You've got several options for an American Idol Birthday Cake.
- A star-shaped cake: A simple option is to stick with the "star" decor and make a star-shaped cake. This star cake pan is perfect for that!
- A Light-Up American Idol Cake: Use this fun American Idol cake topper to liven up your birthday cake!
- Edible Art: Download the American Idol logo or an American Idol picture off of your computer, then take it to your local bakery. They will scan your picture to create an edible sugar image. All you do is frost your cake, apply the image, seal the edges and enjoy!
- Create Your Own Design: If you're the adventurous type, you can create your own cake design. I used the design from the American Idol party supplies as inspiration for this cake. Click here to find out how you can do it, too.
Jazz it up by adding colorful frosting to match your party colors, and sprinkling it with edible glitter.
Visit these online shops to find everthing you could want for your American Idol Party, and more! :)
Rock Star invites, thank you notes and personalized labels.
American Idol party supplies, favor boxes, pinatas, activities, and more!
Songs, playlists and gift card favors.
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
Kids Party Ideas
Teen Party Ideas
Birthday Cake Design Gallery
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.