Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Sausages
These little bacon wrapped sausages are absolutely scrumptious!
Smothered in brown sugar, then cooked until nice and crispy, they are a HUGE crowd pleaser.
They're really a great appetizer for any occasion, but I think they go especially well with a Super Bowl party or a
You may want to make a double batch because these things disappear fast!
Take a peek below to find out how to make them.
What You'll Need to Make these Brown Sugar Smokies:
- 1 (16-ounce) package lil smokies sausages
- 1 pound bacon (the leaner the better)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- Toothpicks or skewers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap the bacon and cut the strips into thirds.
- Place the brown sugar in a bowl.
- Wrap each little sausage with a piece of bacon and roll in the brown sugar until completely covered. If desired, secure with a toothpick, or thread
on a skewer and arrange on a baking sheet. My preference is to just lay them seam-side-down on the baking sheet...the seam will seal as the bacon cooks.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar over the tops of the sausages.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, allowing the brown sugar to "melt" onto the sausages. After 40 minutes, turn the oven to broil and cook for a few minutes
until the bacon is crisp. Turn the sausages over and broil to your desired doneness.
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss