- Place a 10-inch cake layer on the cake stand of your choice. Spread an even layer of frosting on top of the cake; top with the second layer. Frost the sides of the cake and then the top, trying to keep it as smooth and even as possible. Let set for about 5 minutes. Lay a paper towel on top of the frosting, and working your way around the cake, smooth out any imperfections with your hand.
- Insert the dowel rods into the cake following these instructions.
- Place the bottom half of the cupcake cake on the foil-wrapped cake board. Spread an even layer of frosting across the top of the bottom portion of the cupcake cake. Add a dab of frosting to the center of the 10-inch cake so serve as "glue", then center the cake board on top of the cake. Place the top half of the cupcake cake evenly on top of the bottom half.
- Fill one decorating bag with white buttercream and fit with a #18 star tip. Tint a small portion of the buttercream pink. (HINT: The pink coloring is VERY potent! Just a tiny speck should be all that you need). Add that to a second decorating bag fitted with a #18 tip. Pipe stripes on the bottom half of the cupcake cake to resemble a cupcake liner.
- Change the tip on the white decorating bag to a #1M tip, adding more frosting to the bag, if necessary. Pipe large, loose stars to cover the top of the cupcake cake. Immediately sprinkle with colorful sprinkles.
- Add small amounts of frosting to little bowls and tint the colors that you'd like to use for your lollipops. Be sure to tint the ivory color for your sticks. Add the frosting to bags fitted with #3 tips and pipe lollipops onto the sides of the 10-inch cake. Piping small white dots around and between the lollipops gives the cake some added interest and dimension.
- Pipe a #18 white border around the base of the 10-inch cake. Cut the string of the candy necklace (being sure to keep the necklace in tact), then lay up against the white frosting border. (This will serve as a "glue" to hold the candy on).
- Pipe dots of white frosting to pieces of salt water taffy, then secure them around the base of the cupcake cake. No rhyme or reason here...just have fun with it!
- Roll the bubble gum into a circle and insert a green wire "stem" into the cherry. Place on top of the cupcake cake.
- Now just sit back and admire your candy birthday cake! And take lots of pictures! Enjoy! :)
Supplies for Your Candy Birthday Cake
Wilton 10-inch Round Pan
If you love to bake and decorate, then you are going to fall head over heels in love with Dessert Decor's cake and cupcake decorating supplies!
From adorable cake sets and cupcake wrappers to fun sprinkles and super cute packaging options, you will get lost in this online shop for hours!
It's a must-stop-shop for all things cake and cupcake, and you'll find yourself completely inspired. Happy Shopping!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.