|Photo Source: MyRecipes.com|
Want a fun, fresh twist on the traditional caprese recipe?
How about trying out these adorable little caprese appetizers from MyRecipes.com?
They are the perfect bite-size snack...pretty and flavorful all packed into one!
And I love how versatile they are.
They're formal enough to be served at a stylish soiree, yet would fit in just perfectly at a casual tailgate or Super Bowl party.
They'd also work great for a patriotic snack. Just add a blue ribbon or an American flag to the top of the pick and you've got a cute little red, white and blue treat!
For this Recipe You'll Need:
- One pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 to 14 fresh small mozzarella cheese balls, cut into thirds (you can also use 1/2-inch cubes)
- 32 (4-inch) wooden skewers or picks
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Layer 1 tomato half, 1 piece of cheese, and another tomato half onto each skewer. Place skewers in a shallow serving dish.
- Combine oil, vinegar, kosher salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together until well blended.
- Drizzle oil mixture over skewers; sprinkle with basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.