Caramel Buttercream Frosting
This caramel buttercream frosting is simply irresistible!
Slather it over top of decadent chocolate cake and it is sheer heaven on a spoon.
Pipe it on top of chocolate espresso cake and you've got yourself a cake that tastes just like a Starbuck's Caramel
I recently made the Caramel Macchiatto cupcakes pictured here and they were sooo incredibly yummy!
Doesn't this picture just make you want to add the ingredients to your grocery list right now?
Read on to find out just what you'll need!
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping, (I use Hershey's)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Beat shortening and butter with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add caramel topping, milk and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Use right away, or store covered in the fridge until ready to use. Re-whip before using if refrigerated.
A Cake Lover's Paradise
If you love to bake and decorate, then you are going to fall head over heels in love with Dessert Decor's cake and cupcake decorating supplies!
From adorable cake sets and cupcake wrappers to fun sprinkles and super cute packaging options, you will get lost in this online shop for hours!
It's a must-stop-shop for all things cake and cupcake, and you'll find yourself completely inspired. Happy Shopping!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss