Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
This chocolate chocolate chip cake will most definitely satisfy any chocolate craving that you may ever have.
It is moist, decadent, and seriously a chocolate lover's dream.
I came across this recipe on a fabulous blog, KevinAndAmanda.com,
and after reading all of the reviews knew that I had to try it.
It's pictured here covered with buttercream frosting on a monogram cake that I made for my
mom's 60th birthday.
Oh my yummy goodness...it is divine!
Here's how to make it...
What You'll Need:
- One box Devil's Food cake mix
- One small box Jello instant chocolate pudding mix (the full-fat, full-sugar kind)!
- One cup sour cream
- One cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make It:
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large bowl and mix well with an electric mixer. Batter will be thick. Stir in the chocolate
- Pour the batter into prepared cake pans of your choice. You can use round cake pans, a 13" x 9" sheet pan, a bundt pan, or a muffin pan to make
cupcakes...it's totally up to you. Just use the baking times on the back of the cake box as a guideline for whatever cake you choose to make, and then add a few minutes
because this batter is so dense. Check the cake often with a toothpick to be sure you don't over-bake! It's best to stick the toothpick into a few different spots of
the cake to be sure your "doneness check" doesn't get tricked by a melted chocolate chip!
- Let the cakes stand for about 5 minutes, then remove from pans and allow to cool completely on cooling racks.
- Amanda has her own recipe, but I chose to slather my cake in my own buttercream frosting. Positively
A Cake Lover's Paradise
If you love to bake and decorate, then you are going to fall head over heels in love with Dessert Decor's cake and cupcake decorating supplies!
From adorable cake sets and cupcake wrappers to fun sprinkles and super cute packaging options, you will get lost in this online shop for hours!
It's a must-stop-shop for all things cake and cupcake, and you'll find yourself completely inspired. Happy Shopping!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss