Rich chocolate and coffee combine to create a flavor explosion in this moist, delicious chocolate espresso cake!
Top it with some caramel buttercream frosting and life just doesn't get any better!
I recently used this recipe to create little "Caramel Macchiatto" cupcakes, and oh my gosh, were they scrumptious!
Just take a look at that picture! Mmmm.
Definitely give this recipe a try...it will be a big hit!
What You'll Need:
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raw cane sugar (Turbinado)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; spray paper. Dust bottom and side of pan with cocoa powder, tapping out excess; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In another bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla and cooled coffee. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of cake and invert onto a wire rack; peel off waxed paper. Invert again onto rack to cool completely.
Recipe from TriniGourmet.com
If you love to bake and decorate, then you are going to fall head over heels in love with Dessert Decor's cake and cupcake decorating supplies!
From adorable cake sets and cupcake wrappers to fun sprinkles and super cute packaging options, you will get lost in this online shop for hours!
It's a must-stop-shop for all things cake and cupcake, and you'll find yourself completely inspired. Happy Shopping!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.