Baby Coconut Bundt Cakes
Mini desserts and bite-size treats seem to be the fad right now, and I totally jumped on the bandwagon with these adorable little baby coconut bundt cakes!
These moist, tender vanilla cakes are glazed with a sweet, sugary drizzle, then topped with flakes of coconut.
I made these for a Chrismas birthday celebration, so I fancied them up with fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs, but they'd also be great for Easter...or
any occasion for that matter!
- 1 package vanilla cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Baking spray (I used Pam baking spray with flour)
- Powdered sugar glaze (recipe below)
- 1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- Fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs for garnish, optional
Instructions for Making Mini Bundt Cakes:
- Beat the cake mix and next four ingredients in medium size bowl for 30 seconds on low speed, then for 2 minutes at medium speed.
Spray the mini bundt pans with baking spray, then pour batter evenly into each cup, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-24 minutes, depending on the size of your pans, being very careful not to overbake. Once a toothpic inserted
into the center of your cakes comes out clean, your cakes are done.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Pour the powdered sugar glaze into a ziploc bag and snip off a tiny corner with scissors. Drizzle the glaze over your cooled cakes, then
top with coconut. Garnish as desired.
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Stir together sugar, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla. If mixture is too thick, add another tablespoon of milk until you reach your desired consistency.
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss