Cowboy Birthday Cake
Bring the Wild West right to your party with an awesome cowboy birthday cake!
This cake was created for my son's 6th birthday and it was a huge hit! It's a really fun cake that the kids will love, and it's super easy to make!
It makes a great addition to a Cowboy Birthday Party!
How to Make this Cowboy Birthday Cake
You will need:
- 2 - 13" x 9" cakes, baked and cooled
- Chocolate buttercream frosting
- 4 large round sugar cookies
- Two plastic toy horses
- Brown poster board or craft paper
- 5-7 long wooden skewers
- Hot glue
- Place one of the cakes on a serving platter or cake board wrapped in foil. Cover the top of the cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Top with the second cake.
- Smooth the frosting generously over the sides and top of the cakes.
- Wrap two strands of twine around the sides of the cake, beginning and ending in a spot where a wheel will be located.
- Pipe frosting onto 4 cookies to create wheel spokes.
- Use frosting to secure the "wheel" cookies to the cake, making sure to secure the twine behind them.
- Cut the poster board or craft paper to use as a canopy for the covered wagon.
- Use hot glue to attach 4-6 wooden skewers to the sides of the posterboard, leaving just enough of the skewers exposed at the bottom to be inserted into the cake.
- Glue two strands of twine to the canopy; attach canopy to cake.
- Stick remaining wooden skewer into the front end of the cake. Place the horses on either side of the skewer. Use twine to tie the horses to the rod.
Fun Finishing Touches : Sit a cowboy at the front of the wagon, holding onto the reins, and hot glue canvas onto the back of the canopy.
A Cake Lover's Paradise
If you love to bake and decorate, then you are going to fall head over heels in love with Dessert Decor's cake and cupcake decorating supplies!
From adorable cake sets and cupcake wrappers to fun sprinkles and super cute packaging options, you will get lost in this online shop for hours!
It's a must-stop-shop for all things cake and cupcake, and you'll find yourself completely inspired. Happy Shopping!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss