Cowboy Birthday Party Invitations
Rope your guests in by setting the stage with fun invites!
TinyPrints.com has some utterly adorable little cowboy party invitations that would be great with this theme. They even have a design especially for girls in case it's your little gal that wants to celebrate the Wild West.
You can also make your own invites with scrapbooking supplies.
I made the invitations pictured here with some cardstock and some cute little cowpoke cutouts. Just piece it all together and use your computer to print out all of the party details.
Scrapbook.com is a terrific scrapbooking supply resource that has cowboy-themed supplies that you could use. Check out their site using keyword search "cowboy."
Be sure to note on your invitations to have everyone come dressed up in their best cowboy or cowgirl gear!
When decorating for this party you really want to make your guests feel like they've arrived in the Wild West!
Here are a few ideas for turning your party area into cowboy country:
- Custom Banner: I made the one pictured here just by painting on a canvas sheet and stringing it across the driveway. The guests had to drive underneath it to get to the party. It was very inexpensive to do, and it was a huge hit! ShindigZ.com has cowboy banners that you can get personalized for your birthday guy or gal. I've personally ordered banners from them and they're really great quality.
- Bales of Hay: Use these as seating. They add a lot to the atmosphere!
- Bandannas: Sold in packs of 8 at BirthdayExpress.com. Get creative with these! Use them instead of tablecloths, use them as liners for your serving dishes, use them instead of napkins to bundle silverware settings, and have extras handy for any guests that may want to wear one.
- Bandanna-Print Balloons: Sold in sets of 6 for a very inexpensive and festive addition to the party decor.
- Horse Corral: Find a large cardboard box and use black masking tape to create fence posts on it. Stick hobby horses inside the box (to be used later for a horse race) and it will feel like the horses are right there at your party!
- Galvanized Pails: These can be used all around the party area just to add a country vibe. Use them on the food table as serving bowls, use them to hold some sunflowers or daisies, or use them to hold goodies to send home with each cowpoke.
- Costumes: You and your guests can be part of the decorations just by dressing up in your country-best! Having everyone dressed up makes a big difference and is super fun! You could even provide little cowboy hats and vests if you wanted to...they're very reasonably priced at CelebrateExpress.com.
Cowboy Party Games and Activities
Keep those cowpokes from getting too rowdy by keeping them entertained!
Try some activities like these:
- Panning for Gold: Fill a large container with sand and bury gold coins throughout. (If it's not a hot day you can use chocolate foil-covered coins). We just filled a wagon up with sand. Provide sandbox sifters and let the kids "pan" for gold.
- Horse Relay:: Have the kids split up into two lines (or more if you have quite a few kids). The first child in each line "rides" a hobby horse around a pre-determined course and passes the horse off to the next child in line. The first team to finish wins.
- Horseshoes: A child's set would be perfect.
- Mug Shots: Create a "jail" out of a large cardboard box by cutting a window and bars into the front of the box. Have each child pose behind the "bars" of the jailhouse for a "Mug Shot" photo op. If you're not the creative type, purchase the jail photo prop from CelebrateExpress.com.
- Cactus or Horse Pinata
Cowboy Birthday Party Favors
There are sooo many fun things that you can hand out to all of your party guests! Be creative and tuck them into fun containers like galvanized pails, boot cups, or bandannas tied up with rope.
- Sheriff Badges
- Water guns
- Mini plastic horses
- Baggies of cowboy crunch (see food below)
- Party mints in bandanna wrappers
- Gold Mine gum
Cowboy Party Food
Cowboys sure know how to work up an appetite, so you'll want to have plenty of chow on hand at your cowboy birthday party!
Here are a few ideas that will satisfy the crowd:
- Wagon Train Pasta: This hearty dish from TasteofHome.com is something that even the pickiest of cowpokes will enjoy, and the wagon wheel pasta is a perfect fit for this party!
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Honey Chicken Wings
- Bacon-Wrapped 'Lil Smokies
- Chili-Cheese Dip
- Cowboy Crunch: Create a trail mix with dry cereal, raisins, M and M's, and popcorn or nuts.
- Haystacks: French's potato sticks
Cowboy Birthday Cake Ideas
A horseshoe-shaped cake or a covered wagon cake would be adorable for this party!
I went with the covered wagon cake for my son's party...get instructions for making it here.
If you're interested in the horseshoe cake, the horseshoe cake pan is sold at CelebrateExpress.com, and full decorating instructions are included.
If you've got a big crowd and need cupcakes in addition (or even instead of) a birthday cake, ShinDigz.com has the cutest little
cowboy hat cupcake toppers! They're sold in packages of 36.
CelebrateExpress.com has a great variety of cowboy birthday party supplies to make your celebration complete. Take a look at some of the great things they have to offer:
Cowboy Party Shopping Links
|Visit TinyPrints.com for adorable little cowboy and cowgirl party invites!|
|BirthdayExpress.com is a gold mine for cowboy party supplies, especially geared toward the younger cowpokes. Find cowboy hats, vests, sheriff badges, gold coins, party favors, pinatas, adorable cowboy-themed party supplies and much more! A must-stop shop for this party theme! :)|
|Shindigz.com is cowboy party central for the cowboys that are a little bit older. They offer just as many fabulous cowboy party supplies as Birthday Express, offering a tremendous selection at really great prices. Definitely check them out, too! You may find yourself mixing and matching from both stores because it's just too hard to choose!|
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
More Kids Party Ideas
Party Planning Tips
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.