Crab Dip Appetizer
This warm crab dip appetizer is a HUGE hit at parties! Serve it with crackers, tortilla chips, or spoon it into phyllo shells as individual appetizers.
How to Make this Baked Crab Dip
- One pound fresh lump crabmeat or backfin crabmeat
- One 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Crackers or tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put crabmeat into medium mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine milk and cream cheese. Mix until well blended. Add to crabmeat.
- Add 2 to 3 shakes worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and a few sprinkles of parsley to crabmeat mixture. Stir to mix well, trying not to break up the lumps of meat. Pour into a small casserole dish.
- Top crabmeat mixture with shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley flakes.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
As an alternative to serving this as a dip, you can serve it as individual appetizers.
After all of the ingredients for the crabmeat mixture have been combined, spoon the mixture into phyllo shells. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley; bake on a baking sheet until heated through.
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss