Create Your Own Birthday Invitations
The decision to create your own birthday invitations can be a scary one, but it can also be so much fun!
Making birthday invitations does take some time and effort, but it all pays off in the end.
Making your own invitations has several benefits:
- The possibilities are endless...anything goes!
- They are unique. They aren't the exact same birthday invitations that were used for the neighbor's party last month!
- They are personal. They are custom-made just for that special guest of honor!
- They make an impression. You will be surprised by how many compliments you'll get on your works of art, and at the sense of pride that you'll feel for accomplishing the feat!
So Where Do You Start?
Okay, so you've decided that you're going to take the plunge and create your own birthday invitations.
Where on on Earth do you begin?
Here are some things to consider when preparing to make birthday invitations:
- What is the theme? The theme of the party should be the leading factor in determining the type of invitation that you make.
- How many do you have to make? The fewer that you have to make, the more detailed your design can be. If you have a lot of invitations to make, you'll want to keep them simple.
- How much time do you have? Invitations should be sent out about 2 weeks prior to the party, so be sure to come up with a design that can be completed in plenty of time.
Great Ideas for Creative Birthday Invitations
Now's the time to let your imagination come out to play!
Try to envision the party in your head...what do you see? Those are the elements that you should try to incorporate into your invitations.
Here are a few suggestions to help you get your creative juices flowing:
Scrapbook stores are always a great place to start. You'll find a huge variety of unique papers in lots of fun
colors, as well as fun embellishments like stickers, die-cuts, ribbons, and more!
- Do something unexpected! Break away from the norm and put an original spin on your invitations.
For a luau party, make leis by stringing paper flower shapes and cut-up straws together. Write the party details on the paper flowers, and you've got really unique party invitations!
A beach ball with the party details written on it is a really creative idea for a beach or summer party. Mail it to them deflated, and when they blow it up they'll find all of your party info there!
The possiblities are endless, just think try to think outside the box.
- Search magazines and the internet. Browse through your clip art program or some magazines for any pictures that would be fun for your theme.
You can also find some good ideas by taking a look at some creative things that other people have done for invitations. Put your own unique twist on it to make it your own.
Good luck, and have fun! You're going to be so happy with the results that you'll want to create your own birthday invitations for each party that you host!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
More Invitation Ideas