Dress Up Birthday Party Invitation Ideas
I am in love with the trend of adding photos to party invitations, so of course, when I saw this precious little dress up party invite from TinyPrints.com, I was sold!
I mean, seriously, how in the world can you pass up an invitation that's showcasing the face of your sweet little birthday girl?
And the best part is, they're only 99 cents each!
These little personalized invites from Birthday in a Box are super cute, too.
Be sure to note on your invites that guests should come dressed in their most beautiful dress-up clothes, and that they will be pampered with make-up and nail polish at the party.
If you would like the parents to stay, be sure to note that on the invitations, as well.
Dress Up Birthday Party Decorations
For this party, the more bling, the better!
Use lots of shiny, metallic decorations to dress up your party area.
Glittery star cutouts can adorn the walls and bring the "bling" down to the girls' eye level. Shindigz.com sells 12-inch stars in packs of 12 at a reasonable price.
Pink pearlized balloons bundled together and placed sporadically around the area are a fun touch, too.
Use your front walkway as a runway and your front steps or porch as a stage. Decorate it to make it look special. The arch pictured here is perfect for the occasion and makes for a fantastic photo prop!
Set up chairs on your front lawn for the audience and judges. Use a room inside the house as your dressing area.
If the weather doesn't permit, use a space inside your house to let the girls show off their glamorous new looks.
Some other things you'll want to have on hand for your dress up birthday party...
- A microphone or karaoke machine to announce each princess as she walks down the runway.
- Makeup, nail polish and hair accessories.
- A bouquet of flowers for each girl (I made bouquets out of flowers from the Dollar Store and wrapped them in metallic tissue paper).
- Lots of helpers! You'll need to enlist some of the moms or some friends to help with the makeovers. You'll also need the dads or some neighbors to be the judges and to sit in the audience.
- Signs for the judges. Print words on them like beautiful, gorgeous, lovely, etc. and have the judges hold them up and shout the words as each girl walks down the runway.
- A charged camera or camcorder.
Dress Up Birthday Party Activities
- Pampering Sessions: Give each of the girls a fresh new look for their trip down the runway! Set up stations in your "dressing area" to include a nail polishing station, a make-up station, and a hair styling station.
- The Crowning Moment: Have each of the girls decorate their own tiara that they'll be crowned with during their "shining moment". Tiara craft kits are perfect for this project. Each kit includes 4 foil tiaras in assorted colors and assorted poms and stickers to decorate them with.
- The Shining Moment: This is the highlight of this dress up birthday party! After each girl has been pampered, her name is announced to the crowd. The audience cheers as she walks down the runway and steps onto the stage. She is crowned with her tiara and is given a beautiful bouquet of flowers as her prize. Be sure to take lots of pictures of each princess (they are a PERFECT addition to thank you notes), as well as a group picture of everyone together. Also remember to have the judges cheering and holding up the signs as the girls take their walk down the runway!
Special Tips: Make sure that any parents that didn't stay to help with the party return to sit in the audience and watch the girls walk. The kids will LOVE having their parents there! Also, make sure you enlist a few helpers to "announce" each princess, to hold the tiaras and to hold the flowers onstage while waiting for the girls.
The tiaras and the flower bouquets that the girls acquired during the party activities are gifts that each girl gets to take home.
If you'd like to send them home with a few extra goodies, here are some cute options:
Dress Up Party Birthday Cake
There are so many fun cake ideas for this party theme!
A tiara-shaped cake would be adorable.
Just bake a simple cake mix in the shaped pans, decorate with buttercream frosting and a few embellishments, and voila! You've got yourself a beautiful birthday cake!
A makeup cake would be great, too! Just bake a sheet cake, frost it, then make a centerpiece on the cake using lip glosses, nail polishes...even a mirror! Super
easy with a great impact! :)
Dress Up Birthday Party Supplies
Birthday in a Box has a cute line of party supplies that would be a great fit for your dress up birthday party!
The line is full of personalized glamour goodies that will make your party unique, like the sweet little favor stickers pictured here.
Match the goodies up with coordinating solid color tableware and you will be all set!
For maximum effect, mix and match the colors of the plates, napkins, cups, and silverware. It will really make your party pop!
Dress Up Party Shopping Links
|The birthday girl's photo takes center stage in these dress up party invitations from Tiny Prints. Not only will you love the appearance and quality, the fact that these personalized invites cost less than a dollar each will surely seal the deal.|
|Shindigz.com is where you'll find the goodies you need to transform your party area into a glitzy, glamorous, super special place. From shining stars to a full size archway that puts each girl in the spotlight, the girls will feel like superstars when they enter the room! And if you want to send the girls home with a smile, Shindigz has a slew of party favors that will do the trick. From roll-on body glitter and sparkly nail polish to pink feather boas, you're sure to find all that you're looking for, and more!|
|Glamorous party supplies that can be customized just for you are available at Birthday in a Box, and they are cute! They're also incredibly reasonable. The tiara craft kits (which the girls just love) and the tiara cake pan can also be found here.|
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
More Kids Party Ideas
Birthday Cake Design Gallery
Kids Party Invites
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.