Adorable Fairy Birthday Cake
Add whimsy and wonder to your party with a fairy birthday cake!
This fairy cake design is absolutely adorable and is a huge hit with little girls!
It's sweet, simple, and super cute!
How to Make This Fairy Birthday Cake
- One 10" round cake
- One 8" round cake
- One 8" round cake board, wrapped in foil
- One cupcake
- Two batches of buttercream frosting
- Wilton "Leaf Green" icing color, as well as "Willow Green" and "Rose Petal Pink" icing colors (I have not seen these last two colors sold individually, I've only been able to find them in the pastel icing color pack that you can find here)
- Cake decorating bags and tips (#5, #67, and #224)
- Fairy cake topper (I actually just used three little fairy ornaments from the dollar store. There's also a
Tinkerbell cake topper
that would work well).
- Grease and flour the cake pans and fill about 2/3 full. (I used 3 cake mixes to make the two layer cakes and a batch of 12 cupcakes. Save the extra cupcakes for an after-party snack). Bake until a toothpick comes out clean; let cool.
Note: The smaller cake will be done sooner than the large one, so be sure to keep an eye on it while it is baking.
- Place the 10" cake on a cake platter and cover with a smooth layer of willow green-tinted frosting.
Place the 8" cake on the foil-covered cake board; center on top of the 10" cake. Cover with a smooth layer of willow green-tinted frosting.
Center the cupcake in the middle of the 8" cake.
- Tint a portion of the icing willow green, and mix a little bit of the leaf green in to make a darker shade of green.
Use decorating tip #67 to pipe a leaf border around the bottom edges of the cakes and cupcake, and around the top border of the 8" cake.
- Using the same decorating bag, change the tip to the #5 round tip.
Pipe curly vines around the sides of the cakes.
- Tint another portion of frosting Rose Petal Pink.
Use the flower tip #224 to pipe flowers on the curly vines.
Cover the cupcake with pink frosting by piping a random squiggly design.
- Use the remaining white frosting to pipe centers in the flowers.
Add a few white polka dots around the flowers for a whimsical effect.
Add some larger polka dots to the top of the mushroom.
Pipe a birthday message around the cupcake on the top layer of the cake.
- Place the fairy cake topper on top of the cupcake "mushroom."
- Sit back and admire your gorgeous fairy birthday cake!
Party Supplies to Go With Your Fairy Cake
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss