How to Make the Flower Birthday Cake
For this cake you will need:
- One 8" round cake, baked
- One 10" round cake, baked
- One 8" round cake board, covered with foil
- Two batches of buttercream frosting
- Cake decorating bags and tips (I used a #3 tip for the filigree and a number 18 tip for the border)
- Place the 10" cake on a cake platter. Frost the cake with buttercream frosting, starting with the sides and finishing on the top. Use a knife to smooth the frosting as much as possible.
- Fill a cake decorating bag with frosting. Using a #3 (or other small round tip), begin making continuous squiggly designs all over the top and sides of the cake.
- Place the 8" cake on the covered cake board. Center the cake on top of the 10" cake. Frost with buttercream frosting, using the same method as the first cake, then cover with the squiggly design using the decorating bag.
- Change the tip on the decorating bag to a star tip (I used a #18 tip). Using a swirl motion, pipe a border along the bottom edges of each cake.
How to Make the Flower Cake Toppers
You will need:
- Flowers of your choice (I used orange and yellow gerber daisies and baby's breath)
- Coordinating ribbon
- A small styrofoam bowl
Cut the stems off of the flowers, leaving one to two inches beneath the bloom. Stick toothpicks up through the bottom of the remaining stems. Stick the other end of the toothpicks into the inverted styrofoam bowl.
Once the flowers are arranged the way that you want them to be, center the arrangement on top of the cake. Tuck coordinating ribbon under the arrangement and have it flow down the sides of the cake.
If you love to bake and decorate, then you are going to fall head over heels in love with Dessert Decor's cake and cupcake decorating supplies!
From adorable cake sets and cupcake wrappers to fun sprinkles and super cute packaging options, you will get lost in this online shop for hours!
It's a must-stop-shop for all things cake and cupcake, and you'll find yourself completely inspired. Happy Shopping!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
Delicious Cake Recipes
Homemade Frosting Recipes
How to Make Creative Birthday Cakes
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.