For this project you will need:
- Oreo cookies (regular and mini)
- Red M and Ms
- Green Fruit Roll-Ups or Green jelly candy spearmint leaves
- Buttercream frosting
- Green, Yellow, and Black icing coloring paste
- Cake decorating bags and tips
- Scoop a small amount of buttercream frosting into a bowl and set aside. Split the remaining frosting in half. Tint one half green and the other half yellow. Frost the cupcakes with the green frosting.
- Top each cupcake with 1 to 3 Oreos, using various sizes.
- Fit a petal shaped cake decorating tip onto a cake decorating bag.
Fill the bag with yellow frosting. Pipe yellow flower petals all around the bottom of the Oreos, and then again around the top for a layered look.
- Tint the small amount of remaining buttercream frosting black. Use a dollop of the frosting to secure a red M and M randomly onto the cupcakes. Pipe a black line, a few dots, and a head on each M and M, until it resembles a ladybug.
- Cut the Fruit Roll-Ups into leaf shapes. Curl the edges a bit and tuck them under the flowers for leaves. Note: I didn't have great luck with the Fruit Roll-Ups...they seemed to want to lay flat on the cupcake. Instead I think I would use green spearmint jelly candy leaves, roll them flat, and place them on the cupcakes.
Fun Ways to Serve Your Flower Cupcakes
You can have even more fun with your cute creations by serving them in creative ways.
- Serve each cupcake in it's own little flower pot and put one at each place setting.
- Place the flower cupcakes into a basket filled with green tissue paper and/or florist foam. Stick long wooden skewers into the bottom of the cupcakes for support and create a sunflower cupcake bouquet. This makes a great centerpiece. This would also be a really cool gift for a friend or new neighbor!
More Fantastic Cake and Cupcake Ideas
The design for this sunflower cupcake was found in an amazing book called Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make.
This book is filled with the cutest, most creative cupcake ideas that I've ever seen. If you like this cupcake idea and are interested in creating more like it, I highly recommend that you check this book out. You will absolutely love it!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.