Instructions for Making this High Heel Shoe Cake:
- Place a 10" cake layer on the 10" cake board. Use a small amount of brown icing color to tint the buttercream frosting to the desired ivory shade. Evenly spread frosting over the top of the first 10" cake layer; center the second 10" cake layer on top. (I use an angled spatula for easy spreading). Spread frosting over the sides of the cake, making it as smooth and even as possible. Finish by frosting the top of the cake. To give the frosting a smooth, finished look, lay a VIVA paper towel over the frosting. Use your hand to gently smooth all areas of the cake, ironing out any lumps and bumps. Repeat entire process with the 8" and 6" cakes.
- Insert dowel rods into the 10" and 8" inch cakes. For instructions on using dowel rods, click here.
- Measure ribbon to fit around the circumference of each cake, adding about an inch to allow it to overlap. If you'll be layering ribbons as we did on this cake, use double-sided tape to adhere the thinner ribbon to the top of the thicker ribbon. Add about a 1/2" piece of double-sided tape to the very end of the back of the thicker ribbon (this will be what holds the ribbon in place on the cake). Wrap the ribbon around each cake so that the ends meet in the back, trying your best to keep it level all the way around. Use the double-sided tape to adhere it in the back.
- Center the 8" cake on top of the 10" cake. Center the 6" cake on top of the 8" cake.
- Create a border of Whoppers around the bottom of the 6" and 8" cakes by adhering the chocolates with dots of piped frosting.
- Left-click the photo of the cake topper below and save it to your computer. Print out the picture, enlarging it to fit your cake, if necessary. Place the picture on a baking sheet and place a piece of wax paper over top of it. Melt about 1/2 cup of white chocolate bits and tint with pink icing color. Spoon into a decorating bag fitted with a #3 tip. Pipe the name of the birthday gal on the cake, if desired. Pipe the shoe onto the wax paper by tracing the template. I suggest piping several shoes in case of breakage. Place the cookie sheet in the fridge so the chocolate can harden. (At least 15 minutes). Once set, carefully peel wax paper off of shoe shapes.
- Draw a half circle shape large enough to cover the shoe on a piece of paper. Make sure the bottom is a straight line. Lay a new sheet of wax paper on the baking sheet, and place the circle shape underneath the wax paper. Place the best-looking chocolate shoe face-down on the wax paper center it on the oval. Melt the chocolate chips and spoon into a decorating bag. Trace the oval shape and fill it in completely, covering the shoe shape. Gently lay three lollipop sticks evenly on the bottom of the circle so that the bottom halves stick out (these ends will be inserted into the cake). Cover with more chocolate to secure. Refrigerate until set (at least an hour).
- Carefully peel wax paper from topper and turn over. Remove baking tip from pink decorating bag and microwave the bag to re-warm the chocolate. Replace the tip and pipe pink dots around the top edges of the topper. Refrigerate again to set. Center the topper on the top tier of the cake just before serving.
- Sit back and admire your high heel shoe cake!
If you love to bake and decorate, then you are going to fall head over heels in love with Dessert Decor's cake and cupcake decorating supplies!
From adorable cake sets and cupcake wrappers to fun sprinkles and super cute packaging options, you will get lost in this online shop for hours!
It's a must-stop-shop for all things cake and cupcake, and you'll find yourself completely inspired. Happy Shopping!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.