Ice Cream Cone Cake
Sweet, simple, and adorable!
This ice cream cone cake is the perfect treat for your summer celebration...and it won't melt! ;)
No fancy decorating skills required, either!
Simply frost the cake, adorn with some giant sprinkles, and add the ice cream cones.
It can be a little tricky cutting the cones, so allow yourself a few extra in case they break, but other than that, sooooo easy!
I actually made this cake for our Cake Boss Party and it was a big hit.
This would also be a great cake for an Ice Cream Party!
In fact, this cake would be a great choice for just about any celebration!
Take a peek below for the how-to.
How to Make this Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cone Cake Instructions:
- Place the first layer of the 8-inch cake on the cake stand of your choice. Spread an even layer of frosting on top of the cake; top with the second cake layer.
- Apply a crumb coat to the entire cake. This is simply a thin layer of frosting that blocks the cake crumbs from appearing in your finished
cake design. Spread the frosting along the sides of the cake and then the top, trying to keep it as smooth and even as possible. The frosting will be thin in
spots...that okay. Let the frosting set for about 15 minutes.
- Place the first layer of the 6-inch cake on a foil-wrapped cake board. Spread an even layer of frosting on top of the cake; top with
the second cake layer. Repeat the crumb coat procedure.
- Apply a generous amount of frosting to the sides of the 8-inch cake, smoothing it as much as possible, then do the same to the top
of the cake. TIP: For a really smooth cake, allow the frosting to set for about 10 minutes. Lay a VIVA paper towel on the frosting, then gently
rub the paper towel with your hands to smooth the frosting beneath.
- Center the 6-inch cake on top of the 8-inch cake, then frost as directed above.
- Apply a frosting border to the bottom of the cakes, and pipe the name of the birthday boy or girl on the cake, if desired.
- Randomly place sprinkles on the tops and sides of the cake.
- Using a sharp, serated knife, carefully cut the ice cream cones in half, leaving one in tact for the top of the cake.
- Gently push the cone halves into the sides of the cake, trying to space them evenly apart.
- Pipe frosting into the cones. Roll the bubble gum into balls, then place on top of the frosting to look like cherries.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting onto the center of the top layer of the cake. Push the reserved whole cone into the cake, then fill with
frosting and top with a "cherry."
- Enjoy your ice cream cone cake!!!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss