How to Make Lime Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons milk
Note: This is easiest made with a stand mixer, but certainly not necessary.
- Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla, salt, and lime zest.
- One cup at a time, add the powdered sugar to the butter mixture, being sure to mix well between each addition.
- Add lime juice; mix well.
- Add milk; mix well.
- Pipe or spread on top of cupcakes. Be generous...this stuff is good!!!
A note from the party girl: This recipe will generate enough frosting for up to 2 dozen cupcakes, but probably won't be enough to cover a full cake. You'll want to increase the recipe if you plan to use it on a cake. If you have any left over, seal it in an airtight container and put it in the fridge. It will stay good for up to two weeks...just re-whip it before using to soften it up.
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.