Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls
Oh. My. Goodness!
When I made these Oreo balls I had no idea that they were going to disappear so fast!
The kids were all over them...scarfing them down like they had never eaten before. It was craziness, I tell you! :)
The great thing about these little treats is that, not only are they yummy, they're very pretty.
They work just as well on a nice party table as they do as a sweet treat for the kiddos.
To Make these Oreo Balls You'll Need:
- One (18-oz.) package Oreos
- One (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12-oz.) package chocolate chips
- A dollop of vegetable shortening
- White chocolate (optional)
- Crush the Oreos until they're fine and crumbly.
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the softened cream cheese, mixing well. Roll into one-inch balls.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Refrigerate for at least two hours or until well chilled.
- Place the chocolate chips and the shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between increments.
- Place the balls on a fork, one at a time, and dip into the chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off of the balls through the fork; place the balls back onto
the cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for one hour, or until chocolate has set.
- If desired, drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Serve in cute little mini cupcake liners and enjoy! :)
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss