How to Make a Polka Dot Cake
- One 6-inch round cake, baked and cooled
- Two 8-inch round cakes, baked and cooled
- One 10-inch round cake, baked and cooled
- Two batches of buttercream frosting
- Decorating pastes or gels
- Fresh flowers
- 6-inch and 8-inch cake boards, wrapped in aluminum foil
- Decorating bags and tips (#5 and #8)
- Brushed metal monogram cake topper
Putting it All Together
- Separate the frosting into thirds and tint each batch to match your color scheme.
- Place the 10-inch cake on a cake platter; apply a smooth layer of frosting.
- Place one 8-inch cake on an aluminum-foil-wrapped 8-inch cake board. Apply a smooth layer of frosting to top of cake; place the second 8-inch cake on top. Apply a smooth layer of frosting to to the top and sides, so that the two cake layers look like one layer. Center the cake onto the top of the 10-inch cake.
- Place the 6-inch cake on an aluminum-foil-wrapped 6-inch cake board. Apply a smooth layer of frosting to top and sides of cake. Center the cake onto the top of the 8-inch cake.
- Using decorating bags and round decorating tips (#8 tips would be ideal), pipe dot borders around the bottom of each cake to give a finished look and to conceal the cake boards.
- Use a smaller decorating tip (#5 is recommended) and alternating frosting colors to add polka dots to all of the cakes.
- If desired, you can pipe the age or the name of the birthday guy or gal onto the middle cake layer.
- Fresh flowers and a brushed metal monogram add the finishing touches to this adorable polka dot cake!
For even more polka dot fun, serve your cake on these adorable
polka dot plates from CelebrateExpress.com!
If you love to bake and decorate, then you are going to fall head over heels in love with Dessert Decor's cake and cupcake decorating supplies!
From adorable cake sets and cupcake wrappers to fun sprinkles and super cute packaging options, you will get lost in this online shop for hours!
It's a must-stop-shop for all things cake and cupcake, and you'll find yourself completely inspired. Happy Shopping!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.