Simple Chicken Salad Recipe
This simple chicken salad recipe is incredibly versatile and so yummy!
Whether you're planning a brunch, a springtime celebration, or just having a little get together, this great chicken salad is a menu staple!
I recently served it in fillo shells at a party and they were the perfect bite-sized treat.
The guests loved them so much that they were disappearing faster than I could put them on the serving plate!
Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 to 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup slivered almonds, depending on your taste
- 1 small can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained (reserve the juice)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
Making this Simple Chicken Salad Recipe
- Combine the chicken, celery, almonds, and pineapple in a large bowl.
- Stir in about half of the pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons of mayo. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- If the chicken mixture is too dry, add more mayo.
- Taste the mixture...there should be a refreshing hint of the pineapple juice. Add more juice, if necessary, to achieve desired taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir well and garnish with parsley before serving.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, in fillo shells, or with your favorite breads.
Tasty Additions: This chicken salad tastes great with fruit added to it! I especially love it with purple grapes...they add a splash of color and a
sweet, juicy kick.
Serve your chicken salad in style with plates and napkins from PlatesAndNapkins.com!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss