Tips for Taking Good Pictures
Want picture-perfect party pics?
Use these tips for taking good pictures and learn how to capture the magic at your party!
Have you ever taken pictures that didn't turn out quite the way you'd hoped?
Maybe they didn't capture the magic of the party, or maybe you didn't take pictures of something that you really wish
Don't let that happen again! We're here to teach you about good picture taking so you can create photo memories that will last a lifetime!
Special Tips for Taking Good Pictures
Here are some photo tips that will have you taking good pictures of your party in no time!
- Designate someone at the party to take the pictures for you. That way if you are busy entertaining,
you don't miss out on the photo ops! You can also make a list to let them know what you want pictures of.
- Fill'er Up! Zoom in close on your subject for the best impact.
- Get down to the eye level of your subject. It makes for a much nicer picture.
- Be aware of backgrounds. Before you snap that shot, make sure there's nothing in the background
that's distracting. There's nothing worse than the pics that look like something is "growing" out of someone's head!
- Remember the still shots! Be sure to get some pictures of the cake, the colorful stack of gifts,
and the pretty decorations.
- Capture the action! Take a sequence of pictures to "tell the story" of the party. This is
especially effective during games and activities.
- Get a good mix. Take candid shots as well as posed shots so you get a well-rounded group of
pictures. A group photo is always a fun idea at parties.
- Experiment with angles. Try tilting the camera on an angle or snapping shots from overhead to add some interest to your
- When taking a picture of someone blowing out the candles on the cake, turn your flash off. It will
enhance the candlelight in your picture.
- Make sure your batteries are charged prior to the party! There's nothing worse than starting the
party and realizing that your camera batteries are dead!
Share the Memories
Showing off the party pics comes with the party territory.
You want pics to document the milestone and all of your hard work, and family and friends want prints of the best shots.
takes care of all of this for you...photo sharing so everyone can see the pics and order the prints they want, and photo books to create the
I am in love in photobooks. True love!
The quality is incredible and you end up with a beautiful little keepsake that will last a lifetime.
Get started on your photobook here.
I highly recommend it!
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss