Whether you're looking for sweet and simple Valentine cupcakes, or cupcakes that are a little more styled, this post is for you!
When I first saw these little heart-shaped marshmallows in the grocery store, I just knew that I had to find a fun way to use them.
Propped on top of a simple lollipop stick, they add instant charm to a simple cupcake...and they're done in a jiffy!
If you like to get a little more hands-on, these Valentine buntings are positively adorable!
Get the easy how-to details for both styles below.
How to Make these Valentine Cupcakes
I have to say, one of my absolute favorite things about these cupcakes is the ruffled baking cups.
Don't you just love them?
Certainly any baking cups will do, but if you've got a crush on these like me, you can pick some up for yourself
Bake a batch of your favorite cupcake recipe and decorate with swirls of frosting.
To get the ruffled swirls you see on these cupcakes, I used this buttercream recipe and the
Wilton 1M decorating tip.
This is a large tip, so you'll need to be sure you have a large coupler to hold it.
Simply squeeze the frosting in a circular motion around the cupcake until you get the look you're after. Easy peasy!
I sprinkled the cupcakes with delicate little heart sprinkles
that I picked up on a trip to New York but they're now available by Wilton here.
For the heart marshmallow cupcakes, simply insert lollipop sticks into the bottom of the marshmallows and then insert them into the cupcakes.
That's all there is to it!
To Make the Valentine Bunting
- Lollipop sticks or decorative paper straws
- Thin ribbon
- Hot glue
- Needle and thread
- Paper heart shapes cut out of cardstock
- French dragees (edible silver ball spinkles, optional)
- If you're using decorative paper straws, skip to next step. If you're using lollipop sticks, use a tiny dab of hot glue to secure ribbon to the stick near one end.
Twist the stick so that the ribbon wraps around diagonally, all the way to the opposite end of the stick. Secure with another dab of hot glue. Repeat with
- Use the needle to thread a paper heart for each cupcake. I glued two pattered hearts together for each cupcake to get a layered look. Allow
enough string on each side to tie the thread around the two "posts," while allowing the bunting enough slack to get the amount of "drape" that you'd like
to have. Secure the thread to the sticks and secure with a tiny dab of glue.
- If desired, fold tiny strips of ribbon and add them to your bunting on either side of your heart, as well as to the ends of the posts.
If you'd like to use the silver dragees, secure to the posts with a little dollop of frosting.
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss