Valentines Day Party Invitations
Let your guests know that the love bug is on the loose with fun Valentine's Day party invites!
For the kiddos, these little "love bug" invites are just adorable.
They're customizable, so they can say whatever you'd like them to say, and you can print as many as you want right on your home computer!
Check them out in our Etsy shop here.
is another great source for invites, and they've got an awesome variety for Valentine's Day!
Valentines Day Party Decorations
The way that you decorate for your party will obviously depend hugely on who the party is for. Here are some ideas that will snazz up the party areas for both adults and kids Valentines parties.
For a Kid's Valentines Day Party
- Red, white, and pink streamers (there's actually a red, white and pink decorating kit that includes balloons, streamers, and ribbon for less than $5 at BuyCostumes.com...definitely a great bargain!)
- Heart-shaped balloons
- Construction paper hearts to hang on the walls
- Clear jars filled with Valentine's candy sitting around the room (conversation hearts, red hots, etc.)
For an Adult's Valentines Day Party
- Keep the lights dim and hang clear white Christmas lights or heart string lights.
- Use candles in creative ways to give off romantic lighting. Fill clear glass votive holders with red hot candies and top with tealight candles, use red or white pillar candles in groups throughout the party area, or fill clear glass bowls with water, add a few rose petals, and stick a few floating heart candles in there.
- Sprinkle rose petals around the party area. If roses are too expensive, bags of red rose petals are available from BuyCostumes.com.
- Place cocktail glasses around the room and fill them with Valentine candy (conversation hearts, red hots, chocolates, or cocktail-flavored jellybeans). They will add to the decor and serve as candy dishes at the same time!
For added party fun, have everyone come dressed in red, white, or pink.
Also be sure to set the mood by playing some good tunes in the background. Songs about love are a good choice, but keep them upbeat...it is a party after all! Songs like "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys, "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, and "Love Song" by Sarah Bareillis are good examples. I'm sure you can find these and lots more like them on iTunes. Just create a playlist on your iPod, plug it in, and let the music take care of itself!
Valentines Day Party Games and Activities
Most of these Valentines Day party games and activities could be used for any age group, really, if you just modify them a little. So, feel free to browse through all of them to see what you like, or just skip right to the section that best fits what you're looking for.
For Kids or Teens
- Full of Love: Fill a large jar with Valentine candies and have the kids guess how many candies are inside. The one that guesses the closest wins the candies.
- Head over Heels: You will need two bowls of Valentine candies (conversation hearts work good for this), four paper cups, and two handheld mirrors for this game. The kids, two at a time, will hold a paper cup on top of their heads. They will use the other cup to scoop candies out of the bowl, and try to pour them into the cup on top of their heads, using the mirror as a guide (someone will need to hold the mirrors for them). The goal is to see who can get the most candy into the cup on their head. This is much harder than it looks, and the kids love it! We did this at a party for my daughter and the kids didn't want to stop!
- Valentine Pictionary: Come up with some Valentine-related things for the kids to draw out and try to guess.
- Valentine Bingo: Create your own bingo cards, using candy hearts as place-markers, or check out these printable valentines bingo games that we found.
- Valentine Craft Activity: Have the kids get crafty by making their own Valentine cards or collages. Just provide them with the supplies and let them get busy making their masterpieces.
- A Passion for Presents: Put some Valentines goodies (enough for everyone...a box of chocolates would be good) in a box and wrap it up. Place that box in a larger box and wrap that. Repeat until the goodies are hidden within several boxes and have been wrapped several times. Have the kids sit in a circle. Play some music. As the music plays, the kids pass the gift around the circle. When the music stops, the person holding the box gets to unwrap it. Play continues until the goodies are revealed, then everyone gets to share the goodies. To make this more challenging for older kids, have them put on a pair of red gloves or mittens before trying to unwrap the gift.
- The Cupid Shuffle: This is a popular line dance that my daughter taught me, and given the name, would be perfect for a Valentine's party. Download the song from iTunes, then learn how to do the dance on YouTube.
Adult Valentine's Day Party Games
- Valentine Pictionary: Create your own pictionary game by coming up with some Valentine/love-related things for the guests to draw and try to guess.
- Cupid's Challenge: Purchase the Newlywed Game and have the couples compete to see who knows each other best, or get creative and make your own questions.
- Cupid's "Kiss-capades": Separate the group into teams of no more than 6 people, and have them line up guy-girl-guy-etc. Starting at the beginning of the line, the players must pass a playing card all the way down the line, using only their mouths to pass the card. The trick? Players suck in air to hold the card to their mouth, then blow air to pass it. If the card falls, the card goes back to the beginning of the line and they start over. The first team to get the card all the way down the line without it dropping wins.
- Printable Valentine Games: Printable games are a party classic. There's a website that specializes in printable games, and they've got a section full of printables made especially for Valentine's Day. You can see their most popular printable Valentines games here.
Valentines Day Party Favors
- Lollipop Flowers: I saw these cute things on the Better Homes and Gardens website and just had to share them with you! They are absolutely adorable, very simple to make, and won't cost you a lot of money. They could even pull double-duty as decorations until your guests go home! Simply cut some heart shapes out of construction paper, stack them on top of each other and punch a small hole through the pointy-ends of the hearts. Stick a lollipop through the hole and spread the hearts out to form petals.
- Heart-Shaped Plantable Seed Favors: Show your guests how love grows with these plantable seed favors. With a little bit of water and TLC, these favors will turn into something that your guests will always remember you by.
- Personalized Chocolate Heart Lollipops: I am in love with these favors...I would hand them out at every party if I could! These heart-shaped treats can be personalized just for you, and can even have photos added to them!
Valentines Day Party Food and Drinks
Add some sweet treats to your list of Valentines Day party ideas and your party will be complete.
Here at Passion-for-Parties.com we've got an endless "confection-affection", so this is our favorite part of the party. :)
Whether you've got a crush on cupcakes or wanna mix up the perfect love potion, here are some food and drink ideas that you're sure to love.
- Chocolate Fondue: Combine 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips with one cup whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for one and a half to two minutes, stirring about every 30 seconds or so. Transfer to a fondue pot (if you don't have one you can get one from Target.com) and keep warm. Serve with your favorite dippers. We like strawberries, pineapple, and marshmallows, but you can also use other fruits, cookies, and pretzels.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Melt 2 tablespoons shortening in a small pot. Add 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, and warm over low heat until melted. Insert toothpicks into the strawberries and dip into the chocolate mixture. Lay on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and allow to harden. Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the strawberries for a more elegant look, if desired.
- X's and O's Cupcakes: Frost baked cupcakes with white buttercream frosting. Use red hot candies to make X's and O's on the cupcakes.
- Heart-Shaped Brownies: Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut baked brownies. Frost with chocolate icing and decorate with Valentines sprinkles.
- Heart-Shaped Cookies: Tint sugar cookie dough pink with food coloring. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the dough. Once the cookies have baked and cooled, drizzle white frosting in a zig-zag pattern, and sprinkle with white sugar crystals.
- Love Potion Pink Punch: A fun drink for the kids or non-alcoholic crowd. Combine 2 (64-oz) bottles of cran-apple or cran-raspberry juice and a 2-liter bottle of chilled ginger ale. Combine in a punch bowl, or pour into individual glasses and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Cosmopolitans: The ultimate girly drink and the perfect pink cocktail for a Valentines Day party. Combine 4 shots of Citron vodka, 1/4 cup triple sec, about one and a half tablespoons of lime juice and 3/4 cup cranberry juice in a shaker with ice. Strain and divide evenly among four martini glasses.
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Drinks: For each drink, pour 3/4 oz. Amaretto and 1/4 oz. Kahlua into a coffee mug. Fill the mug the rest of the way up with hot chocolate, and top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Valentine's Day Party Shopping Links
|Passion-for-Parties Printable Shop is our own personal shop that includes designs that we've created to match our party themes. These cute little "Love Bug" party invitations are the perfect match for this party. The text is customized just for you, and you're able to print as many invitations as you'd like for one set price. Click here to shop our Valentine's invites!.|
|TinyPrints.com has some of the cutest little invites to match this theme! You'll find designs for both kids and adults at a very reasonable price.|
|Beau-Coup Favors is my favorite place to shop for party favors! They offer high quality, unique favors for so many occasions, and they are almost always running some type of special in their shop! Search their variety of heart-related favors here.|
|PlatesAndNapkins.com has fun Valentine's Day plates and napkins to suit any taste. Browsing through their selection makes me want one of everything...good luck picking your fave! :)|
If you like what you see on this page, please share it with your friends!
Links You Don't Want to Miss
Chocolate Party Favors
Kids Party Ideas
Adult Party Ideas
[?] Subscribe To
Copyright© 2006-2014 by Passion-for-Parties.com. All rights reserved.