Passion for parties .com reveals Everything you need to know about decorating your baby shower cupcakes! Here then, in seven points, are a few tips from our cupcakes confections for baby shower cupcakes molds, cupcake recipes, cream toppings, mascarpone, marzipan, icing, “toppers” and cupcakes decoration, idea as well as the presentation of your cupcakes.
Baby Shower cupcakes molds
There are two types of cupcakes molds: silicone and paper.
Silicone molds are practical, reusable, and can be purchased in your colors. It is a bit expensive to buy in large quantities. Be careful that your guests do not throw them away or damage them when removed from the mold!
Paper molds: paper cupcakes boxes are more classic. You can choose patterns and colors to match your baby shower. Be careful to buy packages that go in the oven because this is far from always the case in the USA. The packaging must specify the oven use.
The cupcakes recipe
You can make about any four-quart sponge cake, yogurt, or chocolate cake. For me, the only thing is to make sure that the cupcakes don’t swell too much during baking to make an excellent working base, but also make sure to fill them well so that the mold is not more significant than the cupcakes! It would make decorating difficult.
Here is an easy and classic cupcakes recipe: Preheat your oven to 180 °. Melt 110g of butter over low heat while stirring regularly in a saucepan. Take care that the butter does not cook. It should just melt slowly. Mix 3 eggs with 100g of sugar in a bowl until the mixture whitens and becomes creamy, then slowly add the melted butter. Mix well. Then add 210g of flour in several batches, stirring between each addition so as not to make lumps, and add 60ml of milk when the dough starts to be too thick to be worked well. Mix well with the yeast (a sachet of baking powder) and the 2 teaspoons of almond powder. Place paper cups in your muffin tins and fill them up to 3/4 full with batter—Bake for 20 minutes.
Some variations of cupcakes recipes: you can add chocolate, vanilla, lemon, and other flavors. The ideal is to make two or three different plates of pasta for your baby shower cupcakes parties guests. You can also stay on a “natural” basis and fill your cupcakes with fruit, chocolate, praline cream, etc.
Toppings and Creams to Decorate Cupcakes
– Butter Topping: At the risk of being very “rich”, buttercream is perfect if you do not use too much, and above all, it allows you to act as a glue to assemble the minor elements. You have to mix about 20gr of soft butter with 90gr of icing sugar. You must obtain a cream, smooth and supple but above all not liquid so that it stays well on the cupcakes. Do not hesitate to adjust the proportion of icing sugar. Add, of course, blue coloring for the blue cupcakes and red for the pink cupcakes. The ideal is to make two colors (very light blue, darker blue or pale pink, and fuchsia pink).passion for parties.com: Add a few drops of vanilla extract for taste!
– The Topping Mascarpone: Alternative to buttercream, mascarpone stands well on the cupcakes and is less affluent. Mix a jar of mascarpone with 20gr of icing sugar. That’s it. Color as you wish. The mascarpone topping sits nicely on the cupcakes and can easily keep the shape of your piping!
– Almond Paste Topping: Roll out your almond paste on a thin sheet with a rolling pin. Take original cookie cutters and cut your shapes directly on the cupcakes. To give the baby shower theme, you can write letters, make baby drawings, and add baby showers toppers. Passion for parties.com tip: decorate your cupcakes with ink pads where you apply food coloring! Pram, bottle, baby, the decorations are pretty and easy to make.
– Icing topping (royal jelly type): Take 150g of icing sugar, half an egg white, a few drops of lemon juice, and possibly a few drops of water if the mixture is too thick. You will also need a food processor (or an electric mixer).
Baby Shower Cupcakes Toppers
Baby shower Cupcakes toppers complete the decoration of your cream. When using colored sugar balls or other food decorations, be careful not to use too much. Try to follow the path of your cream on the cupcakes, and lightly sprinkle the cupcakes. The Americans and the British have many choices of decorations. Passion for parties.com expands its decorations and offers sugar decorations from others.
In addition, the “topper” is a traditional decoration often round in shape reminiscent of your baby shower cupcakes. These toppers are double-sided and customizable, and you can make them yourself or buy them. Many shops offer stickers of round baby showers in the correct size on toothpicks for successful baby shower decorations!
The baby shower Cupcakes Stand or Display.
The cupcakes stand, or display is essential for the presentation of your buffet. There are three types:
– Porcelain cupcake stands: These typically British stands are two or three stores high and add dimension to your table. The plus: they are decorated and very pretty, but beware, the cupcakes tend to be “packed” in these high and less emphasized plates.
– Aluminum cupcake stands: There are two or three levels or spirals. It gives character to your decorations and highlights your cupcakes. These displays provide a location for each cupcake. Count around 20 $ minimum for a quality stand. It’s not about knocking Everything down! Pay attention to the size of your cupcakes and that of your display. The plus: the frames are neutral and can be used on other occasions! Choose solid ones so they can last!
– The stalls cupcakes cardboard: They are disposable stands less expensive and often colored and decorated. The cardboard is strong. The plus is the price (around $ 9) and the fact that all cupcakes or even muffins are suitable!
Small cupcakes instead of cake
Instead of going for the traditional cake, you can choose a little different idea and go for tiny baby shower cupcakes instead.
. If you have not asked for your child’s gender yet or do not want to inform him, you can use cupcakes in both pink and blue.
. You can also use neutral colors, such as yellow, orange, lime, brown, white, etc.
. The good thing about having a small cupcake for each guest is that you get smaller portions, and the chances of something being wasted are significantly reduced.
. You can also add some exciting sweets to use with your cupcakes.
New Idea of Name cupcakes
If you already know your child’s gender, you may decide to include your child’s name with your spouse. It is one excellent baby shower cupcakes idea.
. If you are interested in announcing your baby’s name to your guests in advance, a baby shower is a perfect time to do so.
. Instead of having a regular baby shower cake, you can get a cake that reveals your baby’s name.
. Have messages printed on it, such as “Soon to Welcome Home Baby So-And-So” or “Baby Shower for Baby So-And-So’s Mom.” Your guests will be surprised and pleased with the sweet announcement.
A baby shower is an integral part of your pregnancy, making you feel loved and pampered and marking your transition from a young woman to a mother. Be sure to plan Everything so that this beautiful baby shower cupcakes occasion runs smoothly.
Moms, what’s your list of baby shower ideas for boys and girls? Share some tips, suggestions, and more here.