Today, Nicole Steeger, Marketing Manager for GigMasters.com has stopped by to share a guest post about Halloween party trends. GigMasters is the #1 event booking service that guides party planners and hosts to the right entertainment and vendors for any event. GigMasters combines the efficiency of the web with the personal touch of a private event planner. From bands and DJs, to balloon twisters and photographers; GigMasters can help you find the life of your party!
Photo courtesy of Celebrations.com
Over the years, GigMasters has provided entertainment for thousands of Halloween parties and events.
Since 2008, bookings for Halloween events have increased 85%. The rise in popularity of this holiday encouraged me to dig deeper into Halloween party planning. I wanted to know the latest and greatest planning trends for this spook-tacular holiday (so I could share them with you)!
Here’s what I discovered:
· 85% of people reported that they make their Halloween party an annual affair.
· Halloween isn’t just for the kids anymore – 47% of hosts throw an adult only party, while only 43% of hosts invite both adults and children. Only 10% of hosts plan a party that is geared towards just the little ones.
· Having a great costume is important – 53% of people said that they plan their costume months in advance and spend over $50 on their costume. 16% of people say they don’t even have a budget; they will spend whatever it costs to have a fabulous costume.
· Fortune tellers, magicians and DJ’s are the most popular entertainment selections booked for Halloween parties.
· The majority of party hosts (64%) say that they get their costume and party decorations from Party City. Oriental Trading was a close second at 33%.
Overall, it seems as though Halloween lovers are really going all out when it comes to planning their ghoulish gatherings. It’s likely that we will see the popularity of this holiday continue to grow. Happy Halloween!
What Halloween party trend surprises you the most? What trends are you seeing? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
GigMasters’ report comes from an analysis of Halloween parties planned from 2008-2012 along with a recent survey of clients who used GigMasters to search for Halloween entertainment.