Can I wash my hair every day? How to keep your hair clean properly? 5 tips from experienced beauty bloggers about the beauty of hair.
Whether it is possible to wash your hair every day is a question many women ask. On the one hand, keeping your hair clean is desirable and essential. On the other hand, it is terrible to harm her. As in any other business, it is worth sticking to the “golden mean” in the laundry. If you overdo it, you can damage your hair. Washing your hair every day is often just too much work. Even without being an expert, it is easy to assume that the hair will only suffer because of this. For example, the effects of chlorinated tap water, misuse of shampoos, and washing with natural lubricants. But wearing dirty hair is not an option either. Therefore, you can listen to experienced people: 5 tips from beauty bloggers will help to develop rules of qualified care.
Can I wash my hair every day?
Should emphasize that the attitude toward daily hair washing is different, even among professionals. It also changed with the development of the cosmetics industry. For several decades, the question of whether it is possible to wash your hair daily with shampoo was obvious. The composition of such funds left a lot to be desired. Therefore, all experts recommend not abusing them. But now the situation has changed completely.
Modern cosmetics have come a long way. Today, the most comprehensive product range is for sale. Therefore, you can choose a shampoo for a specific hair type. It is a combination of highly gentle ingredients. So the problem of misusing shampoo for daily washing disappears by itself, provided the product is chosen correctly. If you find a delicate product that meets your hair’s exact characteristics and needs, it will not harm you in any way.
Trichologists and other professionals cannot agree on washing natural hair protection and support products. Some people are still convinced that excessive diligence in maintaining the purity of the hair can be harmful. They say their grease cover is washed off, making the hair vulnerable to destructive effects. Other experts are confident that a high-quality shampoo will not upset the balance. Maintaining cleanliness and acting as often as you wish is possible and necessary.
If we lower the opinions of different experts in the common denominator, then mainly experts today recommend setting up a washing plant according to the characteristics of the hair. They all get dirty at different speeds. It is only on this criterion that you should have guidance. If your hair becomes oily very quickly, as the sebaceous glands are very active, you can wash your hair daily and choose the right shampoo. In addition, subject to legal choice, it may even be possible to adjust the odor slightly – to normalize fat production. And in this case, it will be possible to change the procedure without resorting to shampoo daily.
If your hair stays clean, dry, and sometimes due to a lack of fat, then washing is recommended. In such a situation, excessive zeal can undoubtedly hurt. When everything is turned upside down, the head is exposed to shampoo and chlorinated water, which in itself has the effect of drying curls.
5 tips from beauty experts to stop washing your hair every day
It is worth starting with a sound definition of the characteristics and conditions of the hair. Unfortunately, sometimes girls go out of habit and reasoning. They say it is not old to wash their head in the morning. But with a regular and even drier haircut, it is straightforward to damage them with too frequent washing. If you have instructions on the peculiarities of your hair, then the beauty of curls will delight with modest care.
Determine your hairstyle
Instead of wondering what happens if you wash your hair every day, diagnosing by understanding your hair type is better. Experts say that each hair has its characteristics. You can deal with them by visiting a trichology.
But it is also quite possible to perform relatively simple tests at home to determine what the curls need:
- Examine the hair in the light first … If they have a pleasant sheen, it is probably dry. If the color is dull, not enough fat is formed. Sometimes it is evident that the roots shine, and from the middle, the threads disappear and become dry – this is a mixed species. If the head appears shiny with fat, it is evident that the sebaceous glands are too intense.
- Remember which way washing your hair is more convenient for you personally.… If it is enough to repeat the washing every two days, this is a regular hair type. In this mode, the head itches, and discomfort occurs, meaning the hair tends to dry out. Daily washing leads to brittle ends if it is challenging to achieve rhythm; a feeling of greasy roots accompanies less care. It is mixed hair. If the head looks dirty and is not washed daily, it indicates an active sebaceous gland with high-fat production.
- It is a problem with split ends … With normal and oily hair, this is usually not a problem. But with dryness, not only the barbs can break, but also the hair along its entire length.
- Pay attention to your skin … This will tell you if you should wash your hair daily. If the skin itches, or flakes, there are large dandruff flakes. It is a dry or mixed type. Then misuse of laundry will only hurt! If the skin is oily to the touch, there is dandruff, but also oily in the senses. Sometimes it forms a crust, and then liposuction is developed beyond that. In this case, you can still see areas of inflammation on the head.
- What do hair ends look like when washing … They will help to complete the formation of an idea of the properties of the hair. If the tips are tight, they rarely get lost in knots, and then we can talk about the usual type. Dried hair is usually frozen and tangled at the ends, quickly and almost imperceptibly. If the style is mixed together, there is a difference in the hair at the roots – they are denser and “sit” neater. The tips look bulky and complicated. A lump in the strands is typical if the head tends to be fat. They look bold.
Choose the right shampoo.
Modern skin care products are developed with the participation of dermatologists and taking into account the latest knowledge in the trilogy field. Therefore, deciding on the type of hair is essential to find a product that suits the curls best. Experience shows that it is not so much the frequency of washing that matters, but the correct answer to the question of which shampoo to wash your hair every day if such frequent care is necessary. By the way, restoring natural protection, and reducing oily skin, sometimes turns out to reduce the number of operations.
Properties when choosing a shampoo:
- For a dry head … You need a product that supports and protects the skin’s microorganisms and improves the water lipid balance. Therefore, it is better to use shampoos with nourishing oils and ceramides. It is worthwhile to rule out harmful effects and find a product without sulfates and other aggressive components. Amino acids and antioxidants benefit dry skin and strands – it is good when the product is enriched with them.
- For oily hair … It is helpful to figure out why your hair gets oily quickly. Sometimes the problem is at the root of the hormonal area. But sometimes it is wrong or rarely cleansing: if you wash your hair every day, your hair looks healthy, uncomfortable shine, discomfort, and dandruff disappear. The fat content is more likely to bother men than women due to the uniqueness of the hormonal system. For this type of hair, shampoos help control fat production and normalize processes in the sebaceous glands. Necessary resources with salicylic acid, sorbents (coal, clay), and piroctone olamine. They absorb oil, soothe the skin and provide freshness and purity.
- For combination hair … If the skin is oily and the hair is dry in length, it is tough to choose a product, but it is possible. Sometimes can solve the problem with the help of a trichology. For example, a specialist may find that the secretion of sebaceous glands is too thick because it does not spread to all curls. Sometimes people do not comb their hair well enough for the fat to reach the ends. In any case, for this type of curls, hair care products are suitable that help to remove fat from the roots, except for drying the ends. Add charcoal to the composition to do this: it removes the extra secret. Things like sunscreen will be helpful: it prevents the destruction of dry ends from ultraviolet radiation.
- For normal hair … It is a mistake to believe that you can wash your hair daily with shampoo and any shampoo if it is not oily, not dry, because balance is delicate. It’s straightforward to break it. Therefore, the choice of combinations is without harmful components. It is better to exclude sulfates and choose a product that helps to preserve the natural water lipid layer without destroying the microbe.
- For sensitive skin … If the head becomes covered with red spots, painful sensations and other discomforts arise in response to the most unexpected factors – tap water, hair coloring, stress, then special measures are needed. First, sulfate should be excluded. Better yet, pay attention to shampoos with soothing ingredients. It will minimize sensitivity without overwhelming washing.
Adjust the water temperature
Sometimes it is unclear how to stop washing your hair every day if you cannot return purity and freshness. Although the hairstyle is set correctly, the shampoo is the right choice for them. It is possible that the feeling of fat is maintained due to washing with too hot or too cold water.
A moderately set temperature provides the desired effect:
- The shampoo foams quickly and well.
- The foam spreads quickly and freely around the hair.
- Grease and other contaminants are dissolved and washed off.
If the water is cold, you will notice that the hair does not seem to have changed much after washing. Since the feeling is dirty, you must seek information on whether it is harmful to wash your hair daily. Instead, heating the water harder is enough to let the fat that covers the skin and strands flow and fly away.
However, too hot water is also not a way out of the situation! It irritates and can disrupt the skin and the process of fat production. As a result, the head is more susceptible to harmful factors. It responds stronger and sharper to style and is more sensitive to microbial attacks. As a result, dandruff may appear, and fat production may increase.
Experts recommend using water heated to 38 degrees. It’s a little hotter than body temperature, and this is enough to wash out the dirt well while maintaining the skin’s and curls’ health.
Follow the shampoo method.
If you want, even if you cannot wash your hair every day because it is constantly dirty, it is simply not adequately cleaned! Yes, because washing techniques are seldom taught to children when they begin to perform hygiene independently. And entirely in vain! Such children grow into adults who do not know how to care for the scalp and curls.
What are the most common mistakes, and how to avoid them?
- Wash complex hair … Admit it yourself. Do you comb your curls before washing them? Rarely does an adult give a positive answer to this question? And if someone is paying for laundry right away, it’s just a sign. But if you work well with a comb without scratching the skin, it is easy to prepare the foundation for the shampoo. It will spread and foam perfectly. The foam will surround each hair, dissolve and remove all impurities. Not to mention the fact that it is typical for the detergent not to get into the root and skin if the head is covered with a cap of tangled threads.
- Shampoo generously … This is not worth doing! It only seems that by pouring shampoo on your head, you will be able to wash it as thoroughly and thoroughly as possible. The fact is that it washes foam. Therefore, it is best to pick up a small product in the palm of your hand, foam it only while you are in your hands, and then spread it through your hair. By the way, pouring shampoo directly on the head can be harmful, as it is a concentrated product. If it hits small areas of the skin, it can lead to unpredictable consequences!
- Too much care when washing … Oh, if you rub your skin and hair very much, you will not get rid of the problem with dirty hair at all. It is precisely what the owners of oily curls and skin sin. They work very hard with their hands, try to wash off even the smallest particles of fat, rejoice when their hair “screams,” and think this is a sign of purity. Therefore, you must wash your hair every day, despite the damage. In this case, aggressive washing results in the sebaceous glands only being activated to produce more fat – to protect the skin and curls. A vicious circle emerges, from which there is no other way out except sensitivity in care.
You also have to wonder why you cannot wash your hair every day if the procedure is performed without taking into account the uniqueness of the skin and hair. The process varies depending on whether the curls are dry or not. Fat is strongly produced, moderate, or deficient.
If the hair is of a standard type, the foam is evenly distributed over the skin and curls. Effortlessly, gently and finely rub the head and strands with your fingertips. Then wash off the shampoo. The algorithm changes if the hair is dry and the roots are oily. It is important to work harder on the head and try to eliminate the fat from the skin. But the curls are not washed so hard: after rubbing a little, they quickly wash the foam and minimize its effect on dry strands.
Rinse the shampoo thoroughly
Some experts are willing to publicly declare that rinsing off shampoo residue is even more important than washing your hair. And it’s hard to disagree with them. If the product is left on the skin, it will inevitably have a very sharp sensation as if the hair is dirty. And then you no longer have to wonder why washing your hair every day is harmful: there seems to be no other way.
First, the shampoo should not be on the skin, no matter how useful and gentle it may be. Its constant exposure is frustrating. Second, the remnants of the product form a film that does not allow air to pass through, clogging pores. As a result, the hair becomes dull; uncomfortable feelings arise: sometimes the skin itches; sometimes, there is a feeling of tightness.
Getting rid of the smallest shampoo particles is worth washing your hair 2 times longer under a stream of water than foaming the product and cleaning it. Accordingly, the thicker the hair, the longer the strands and the longer the first and second stages hold.
How much time is spent washing and rinsing the product is calculated separately. Some experts believe it takes at least five minutes to foam the shampoo and remove dirt with foam if the haircut is short. Of course, luxury anger will take much longer.
Whether it is customary to wash your hair every day is a question. Still, the answer to that is better to look for yourself, after finding out the type and characteristics of the hair. If the care helps maintain the beauty of curls and the skin’s health is kept, then the style is chosen correctly. And conversely, if the hair fades or gets fat in the hair setting, other problems arise, then it is necessary to correct them.