Dandruff reasons; what are the leading causes? It can appear at the most inopportune moment, and it is not so easy to get rid of it. For this, you can use specially developed medicinal or folk methods that can operate independently at home. The main enemy of beautiful and healthy hair is Dandruff, which appears on the scalp’s surface and looks like small gray-white scales. Dandruff makes it difficult for oxygen to reach the hair roots. If you do not solve the problem of DandruffDandruff in time, the hair will soon become brittle and weak and lose its natural shine.
Types of DandruffDandruff on the head
There are two types of Dandruff – oily and dry. The main symptom of dry Dandruff has reduced sebum production. Its development can occur with increased dryness of the skin. As a result, small scales appear on the parietal and front of the head, which are easily removed. It creates a light spray effect.
With increased sebum secretion, oily Dandruff is formed. The scales, in this case, are pretty large and prominent. They stick together and create “flakes.” If left untreated, the scales turn into a dense enough mass that prevents oxygen from reaching the scalp. The hair loses its natural shine, becomes greasy, and begins to shine ugly.
Why Dandruff appears: the leading causes of dandruff reasons
Dandruff can occur for several reasons, the most common of which are:
- Disturbances in the functioning of internal organs … As a rule, certain malfunctions occur precisely during the secretion of sebaceous glands in the scalp. This phenomenon can cause gastrointestinal diseases, thyroid problems, and endocrine diseases. Dandruff can also cause severe neurological disorders and constant stay in stressful situations.
- In dirty hats with old-fashioned bedding. To avoid suffering from DandruffDandruff, you must regularly change bed linen and wash hats. If this is not done, ideal conditions for developing fungi in the scalp are created.
- Using the wrong shampoo … It is not recommended to use low-quality and very cheap products because they can cause sebum development.
- Infrequent hair washing … The head should be washed where it gets dirty. In some cases, we must do this every day. Do not neglect this rule, as accumulated dust and dirt can seriously damage the hair’s health.
- Disturbances in the process of cell renewal should take place every 25 days.
- Harmless yeast lives in every person’s body, but when favorable conditions are created, it begins to multiply intensively. An increase in fungal abundance occurs due to changes in acidity. Induction of the development of seborrhea is provoked, which is accompanied by a relatively strong itching sensation. The scalp begins to itch constantly, and the number of white flakes increases significantly.
- Improper care of the scalp … DandruffDandruff can occur due to too frequent coloring, misuse of hair dryers or flat irons, or inappropriate care cosmetics. Seborrheic dermatitis is often caused by the wrong choice of shampoo, ointment, or masks. Due to the excessive use of foam or varnish with a stronghold, a film is formed that clogs the scalp, so the water-fat content changes.
- Improper nutrition. The development of liposuction occurs as a result of metabolic disorders. The scalp can start to itch badly due to vitamin deficiency, dramatic weight loss, and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Physical and emotional exhaustion, constant depression, and overexertion create ideal conditions for yeast development. As a result, the head begins to itch intensely, proper metabolism is disturbed, and ugly flakes appear.
- Hormonal disorders. Such changes can occur due to age-related changes, contrary to the menstrual cycle, during pregnancy.
Dandruff treatment at home
Today, several different methods and ways to fight DandruffDandruff are known. They need to be chosen considering the reason that caused their appearance.
The composition of such products contains unique active ingredients that have different effects on the scalp. Some include selenium sulfide, which slows cell division. In contrast, others contain salicylic acid, which promotes the rapid release of scales from the scalp.
With regular use of this method, you can quickly eliminate the problem of DandruffDandruff. Salt provides rapid hair growth, and high nutrition of hair follicles normalizes the activity of sebaceous glands and removes the problem of increased fat content.
For this treatment, you can use both simple table and sea salt. First, you need to wash your hair, dry the curls with a soft towel and rub refined grains of salt into the skin for 15 minutes. In the end, the strands are rinsed with plenty of warm water. This procedure should be performed after every hair wash until DandruffDandruff is wholly eliminated.
Beetroot against DandruffDandruff
Beets help relieve even the most severe itching and eliminate unsightly white flakes. For this purpose, you need to take fresh beet juice and rub it into the skin. After 40 minutes, you need to wash your hair well. It should bear in mind that beetroot gives the curls a slightly pink color, so it is better to refuse this method to blondes.
The simplest vinegar normalizes the pH balance, each hair is covered with a protective layer, and the strands acquire a beautiful shine.
To rinse, take vinegar (2 tablespoons) and dissolve it in a glass of water. The composition formed in the evening is applied to clean strands and left overnight. In the morning, you need to rinse the strands with warm water.
Vegetable oil (120 g) is taken and mixed with a few drops of ylang-ylang. The resulting oil solution is massaged into the wet strands. The head is wrapped in a towel, and after 15 minutes, the hair is washed with warm water and mild shampoo.
Aspirin for DandruffDandruff
Dandruff causes unpleasant and severe itching that can eliminate with a simple aspirin containing salicylic acid. It is this substance that has a strong antimicrobial effect. Therefore it quickly removes DandruffDandruff caused by the fungus. Acid also removes itching and inflammation of the scalp.
Take 2 aspirin tablets and grind them to a powder that can add to any shampoo. Then the head is washed the usual way, leaving the foam on the strands for about 10 minutes. Then it would help if you rinsed the curls with warm water. For the next few weeks, you will need to apply shampoo and add olive oil.
Nettle for DandruffDandruff
In just a few days, you can solve the dandruff problem by using an infusion of nettle. However, this product should not only be applied to the hair but left on overnight. During this time, the scalp will absorb all the valuable substances in the net.
The crushed root of the plant is filled with a base oil and left in a sufficiently dark place for 2 weeks. After this time, you can use the resulting infusion to treat liposuction.
Anti-dandruff essential oils
Most essential oils have potent antifungal and antiseptic properties. Add 5 drops of tea tree oil, mint, eucalyptus, cedar wood, lavender, patchouli, rosemary, grapefruit, and geranium oil to the shampoo. You can also use this oil for preventative purposes.
Prevention of dandruff formation
In order not to look for methods to eliminate dandruff reasons, you need to follow simple tips:
Do not wash your hair hot, but with soft, warm water. After all, too hot water causes increased work of sebaceous glands.
After you have washed your hair, you should not wrap it in a towel for a long time, as ideal conditions are created for developing the fungus.
Hair should be washed as needed. Even every day if necessary. However, in this case, you must choose a mild shampoo for frequent use.
It would help if you tried to dry your hair less often with a hairdryer and use irons and curling irons for styling.
After each use of foam or hair spray, it is important to rinse these products off at night.