Electrified; how solve and use your hair? Every girl dreams of having well-groomed hair, but what if it gets electrified? Learn how to care for your hair to restore its attractive appearance. At least once in her life, every girl probably faced such a problem as electrified hair. This unpleasant phenomenon causes discomfort and inconvenience because the hair sticks firmly to hands or clothes and looks very unsightly and dirty from the outside. The hair can become electrified in the cold season, when the hat is worn, and in hot weather. But with proper and regular care, you can quickly fix this problem.
Why does hair become electrified?
To get rid of this problem, you first need to determine the exact cause that started it. Each case is individual. Therefore it is necessary to analyze the type of care I receive for my hair and its general condition. Then begin to gradually eliminate all factors that can cause the onset of electrification.
The most common reasons for the start of electrification of the hair are the following:
- Lack of vitamins and other nutrients in the body;
- Frequent stay in a room where the air is arid;
- The hair is fragile, brittle, and dry;
- Wearing synthetic hats due to contact with which the hair is “charged” with electricity;
- Exposure to cold wind, frost, and hot sun;
- Improperly chosen cosmetics for hair care – shampoos, masks, ointments, conditioners, etc.;
- Exposure to arid winds;
- Frequent use of hair dryers and other styles for styling;
- Wash your hair with boiling water;
- High humidity.
These are the main factors that provoke the appearance of hair thinning. Provided that you remove all the reasons one by one from the list, it is possible to determine precisely what caused this unpleasant phenomenon. It is enough to start correctly and take care of your hair regularly. Shortly this problem will disappear by itself.
The hair is electrified – what to do at home?
You must know a few simple secrets to remove static electricity from your hair. At the same time, it does not matter what kind of reason caused this vision.
If you need to trim your hair neatly, we recommend using the following tips:
- The best remedy to solve the problem is an antistatic drug, which is enough to treat curls, and they will quickly become obedient and smooth.
- Instead of antistatic material, you can use mineral or ordinary water – a small amount of liquid is sprayed on the strands and combed.
- Simple kvass or beer will help eliminate the problem of electrification of the hair. These substances are used the same way as water, but since they contain sugar, they have a more permanent effect.
- A small amount of varnish is applied to the comb, after which the strands must be processed evenly along the entire length.
- A little of any cream (for hands, body, feet) is applied to the hands; then, the curls are processed evenly along the entire length.
These emergency methods will help you fix your hair in a few minutes, but you won’t be able to solve the problem completely.
How to solve the problem of electrification of hair?
After the cause of the vital electrification of the hair has been precisely determined, you can resort to methods to solve the problem, thanks to which the condition of the strands will be expected, and they will become obedient again.
If you tend to electrify your hair, it is recommended to use the following tips:
- You cannot use boiling water to wash your hair because the hair starts to become very electrified. To clean, it is best to take hot water and rinse the threads with cold.
- In the cold season, you need to wear a hat, which causes the hair to become very electrified. Therefore, before putting on a hat, apply a few drops of rose oil to the comb and comb the hair well. You can also use lavender oil for this purpose. These products are natural disinfectants and can be used continuously.
- It is essential to choose your skincare products carefully. As a rule, brittle, dry, and thin strands with split ends begin to suffer from the problem of electrolysis. Suppose the wrong shampoo is used for all this. In that case, it will be possible to eliminate this problem only if moisturizing creams and care products are used for care.
- It is necessary to minimize the use of hair dryers; it is best to let the hair dry naturally. If frequent styling is required, you must buy a high-quality hair dryer with an air ionization function. Using this device, the condition of the hair does not deteriorate, and the problem of electrification does not appear.
- You must drink at least 1.5 liters of plain water throughout the day.
- It is recommended to avoid using plastic and plastic combs, as these materials can increase electrification. An ideal option would be to buy a comb made of natural wood (for example, cedar, oak, or birch) or ebonite.
- It is recommended to use a particular humidifier in rooms with dry air.
- You only need to choose hats made from natural materials; synthetic materials are strictly prohibited.
- In autumn and spring, it is helpful to drink multivitamins because they will help return spent energy and positively affect the hair’s condition.
- Suppose foam or wax is used during styling. In that case, you must stop choosing products containing antistatic components.
Except for all the above recommendations, it is helpful to make unique moisturizing masks regularly. Such cosmetics will help remove static electricity from the hair and return it to its natural smoothness and beauty.
What to do at home?
If your hair is curly and styling becomes almost impossible, you must take care of it properly. First, you need to pay attention to unique moisturizing masks, which are enough to do twice a week. With regular and appropriate care, you can quickly eliminate the problem of hair electrification. After noticeable positive changes, you can reduce the number of masks – for example, perform one cosmetic procedure per week.
The masks themselves are also necessary; we must change them regularly as the hair tends to get used to them, and the means used will have less benefit.
After applying the mask, to increase its effect, it is recommended to wrap the hair with plastic film (you can use food or a simple bag) and put a warm towel or scarf on top.
You can use mild shampoo and water to rinse the mask from your hair. But non-standard ways will also be helpful – for example, water diluted with vinegar or lemon juice, non-carbonated mineral water, beer, etc. Choosing the proper rinse for your hair type is essential.
A fantastic effect is provided by the regular use of homemade masks that are easy to prepare, thanks to which disturbances will be quickly removed from the hair and prevent this problem from appearing in the future.
To prepare this mask, you need to take mashed potatoes from the pulp of a ripe mango (2 tablespoons), add kefir with full-fat content (50 g), and add one raw egg yolk. I can use buttermilk instead of kefir.
All components are well mixed, and the resulting composition is applied to the strands, evenly distributed along the entire length. After 20 minutes, wash your hair thoroughly with plenty of warm water and baby shampoo.
Mask with honey
You must take liquid honey (2 tablespoons) and olive oil (2 tablespoons). You can also use candied honey but must melt it in a water bath beforehand. All components are mixed, and raw egg yolk is introduced. The finished mask is applied to the strands and left for 30 minutes, then rinsed with warm water and baby shampoo.
You need to take castor oil (1 tablespoon) and mix it with raw egg yolk; at the end, cognac (2 tablespoons) is introduced. All components are thoroughly mixed, and the composition is distributed evenly over the entire hair length. The mask is washed off after 30 minutes.
Vitamin A mask
To prepare the mask, you need to take grape oil (2 tbsp. L.), liquid honey (2 tbsp. L.), and egg yolk (2 pcs.). Instead of grape seed oil, you can use castor oil or castor oil. All components are mixed and heated in a water bath. In the end, 1 ampoule of vitamin A is injected. The composition is applied to the hair, distributed evenly over the entire length, and left for about half an hour. After the specified time, you must wash your hair thoroughly with warm water and baby shampoo.
Raw chicken skin is mixed with milk (1 tablespoon) and liquid honey (1 teaspoon). All components are thoroughly mixed, and the finished composition is applied to the hair, distributed over the entire length. After 10 minutes, wash your hair with warm water and baby shampoo. In the end, the curls are rinsed with cold water with the addition of a small amount of lemon juice. Thanks to this method of care, the hair stops electrifying and acquires a healthy shine.
Antistatic medicine is not always available, and there is no desire or time to go to the store. In this case, a home remedy that is easy to make on your own will help. You need to mix mineral water (500 g) and lavender or rose essential oils (a few drops). The composition is poured into a spray bottle and applied to the hair.
You don’t have to look for ways to fight against the electrification of your hair if you choose the right shampoo and conditioner. Must fully tailor these products to your hair type. To take care of dry and brittle strands, it is essential to use moisturizers and nourishing products.
Plastic combs are the primary source of electric hair. Therefore, in some cases, it is enough to change the comb, and the problem will disappear by itself.
Follow all the recommendations described above, and do not forget to take care of your hair regularly. You can quickly get rid of the electrification problem. Curls will always look well-groomed and healthy, and styling will not take much time and effort.