Facelift what is? , Tips and contraindications. The main ways to perform the rejuvenation method, are results, and actual reviews.
The facelift is a complex technology that aims to eliminate the obvious signs of aging. With their help, it is possible to successfully combat gravity in the skin, wrinkles, rashes, and other ugly age marks. But can facelift methods become modern rejuvenating cattle and return lost youth to all who want it? To understand this, consider the most popular methods with all the pros and cons.
What is a facelift?
The demand for aesthetic medicine in America is constantly increasing. Today, our country is among the top ten countries in terms of the number of surgeries and the facelift takes a safe third place after bleeding and breast augmentation.
If you think about it, this is not surprising, because age-related changes primarily affect the condition of the skin, triggering the appearance of ptosis, tilting of the lips and eyes, the appearance of “bulldog cheeks”, nasolacrimal grooves, wrinkles on the forehead and nasal bridge.
All these problems are effectively dealt with by lifting, depending on the chosen technique:
- Eliminate excess skin;
- Will allow you to spread adipose tissue;
- Hardens weakened muscles;
- Encourage cells to regenerate;
- Relieve dry and dead particles in the epidermis.
Note! Since the arsenal of surgeons and beauticians has been refurbished with minor setbacks, surgical techniques, wire lifts, and non-surgical hardware methods have made it much easier to do facelifts.
Admittedly, this method has its drawbacks:
- Even the mildest intervention in the body will not secure it against complications, due to a slight facelift from wrinkles or a slight sagging threat of turning into inflammation, scarring, and damaged nerves in the face or parotid glands.
- Some patients, who had previously imagined the outcome of the upcoming operation, are disappointed with its actual results or, on the contrary, so inspired that they become subject to constant “corrections” in the face.
Evidence of facelift
Generally, the time to resort to a circular facelift is closer to 50-55 years, although these boundaries are very vague.
It happens that due to poor heredity or improper lifestyle, the skin loses its former elasticity in young women at only 35. Of course, this is very uncomfortable, but the chances of correcting the situation with a facelift without surgery for these young ladies are great.
At the same time, there are lucky women who have fought against time for a long time and with good results with the help of high-quality skincare and excellent genetics. One thing is bad when the age finally reaches them, the device and the threads are powerless and they have to use artillery.
In any case, the final decision should be taken only after thorough consultation with a specialist.
Contraindications for facelift
Every cosmetic or medical procedure has its own contraindications and side effects, so you should not look at it as a harmless way to care for your skin. Even if the client receives a facelift without surgery, the doctor will certainly ask her in detail about her health and, if necessary, postpone the scheduled event at a convenient time.
This will be done, for example, in the case:
- Botox injections assigned to the client;
- The presence of minor inflammation or sores on the skin;
- Colds or viral diseases;
- Exacerbation of chronic disease.
Severe obstruction will include tumors, diabetes, blood clotting problems, heart, blood vessels, liver, kidneys, and respiratory tract, persistent skin disease, or transplants, which contain pre-established threads for a facelift. All of these factors can force you to look for other ways to rejuvenate.
Main types of facelifts
Let us learn more about the methods of lifting the skin that modern aesthetic medicine and cosmetology can offer us to imagine the advantages and disadvantages of each one.
Radical surgery is valued for great success. The facelift effect obtained with the help of those that the doctor achieves by working with deep skin layers, fibers, and muscles, lasts for many years. However, they are also the most traumatic and expensive.
With incisions in the skin, which after healing are covered by the scalp or auricle, the surgeon performs the necessary operations with the subcutaneous tissue: exfoliates the excess tissue, moves the adipose tissue layer, hardens and tightens the muscles in the appropriate position. As a result, the man’s appearance undergoes dramatic and extremely pleasing changes, especially noticeable in the photographs before and after the facelift.
How the operation is performed:
- The first step for the patient is to consult a doctor, where the cost-effectiveness of the surgery is determined and the optimal variant of the operation is chosen.
- The doctor will then take a history and refer the client for blood and urine tests. In addition, vascular ultrasound, ECG, and treatment may be required to rule out any contraindications.
- A surgical facelift requires anesthesia so that on the day of surgery the patient will fall asleep, incisions or injections will be made in the right places and organized operations on facial tissues will be performed. It takes from 1, 5 to 5 hours.
- After circular hardening, the patient needs to be hospitalized for 1-2 days. After the mirroring, you can go home as soon as the anesthesia disappears and take care of the injured person yourself in accordance with the surgeon’s recommendations.
- After 7-10 days, the seams will be removed, although it will take a long time to work the incision sites, avoid movement and get past the bath, pool, and solarium.
- A complete cure will take place in 2-4 months, and if the surgeon used a gentle method to tighten the facial skin, then even sooner.
- Circular lifting or foot surgery … is performed with long incisions that require a difficult and long healing period and therefore it is considered the most shocking. But because it combines the advantages of several separate methods and allows you to solve a variety of problems, the operation is considered one of the most effective facelifts to rejuvenate the face.
- Endoscopic … It is performed with a small endoscope equipped with a camera. The doctor inserts it under the skin with small injections along with equally small surgical instruments and with an emphasis on reading the camera makes the peeling, movement, and attachment of tissues as accurate as possible. Endoscope shows the best results in the forehead, temples, and cheeks, but it is rarely used to lift the neck and face in the lower third.
- SMAS lifting … The goal of SMAS resin is deep skin layers that are inaccessible to circular or endoscopic techniques because the effect achieved with its help lasts as long as possible. SMAS lifts are equally effective for upper and lower face lifts.
An operation performed between the ages of 40 and 55 in one fell swoop saves a woman from a dozen years ago and allows her to be attractive and fresh for another 10 years. But after 60 years of success, unfortunately, is not lasting and can last half longer.
Note! The exact price of a circular facelift depends on the complexity of the technique used, the amount of work, the condition of the skin, and the level of the surgeon and the clinic.
A technique that allows you to achieve noticeable results without significant damage to the skin is called surgery. They serve as a kind of bridge between effective, but expensive and “terrible” surgery and cost-effective, but short-lived hardware cosmetology.
The effects on the skin that are beginning to fade are carried out with the help of foreign substances or compounds: mesothelioma for a facelift, fillers for model volume, and biologically active mixtures. All this is injected into the tissue through thin needles that minimize damage to the skin.
How to perform a facelift without surgery:
- As with surgery, it all starts with consulting a specialist and choosing a hardening method. An ECG and ultrasound will not be required, but the client must tell the doctor in detail about their health.
- On day X, the patient’s face, which is thoroughly cleaned of cosmetics and dust in the home, will be treated with disinfectant, local anesthesia will be given and the doctor will start working and inject the selected drug under the skin with a series of injections. The whole procedure will take approximately 1 hour.
- Furthermore, the client will only need to take good care of the skin and wait for a few bruises and inflammation to disappear. This period usually takes 2-3 weeks.
- Thread strengthening … Facelift with meso threads takes place through the thinnest cannula tubes, which are placed under the skin and help the specialist arrange gold, platinum, polypropylene, and even liquid “hair” in the form of a thin but reliable frame. Later, the regeneration process begins at these sites, new collagen is extremely produced and connective tissue is formed. Most threads degrade gradually in the body, but there are also non-absorbable possibilities.
- Fillers … Gel-like substance, which is injected under the skin with a needle or syringe, restores lost volume along with the removal of the fat layer, fills wrinkles, and allows for the shaping and lifting of facial lines. A further “advanced” version of the procedure is a scale, in which fillers are injected into the deep layers of the skin, as well as contours, in which a gel based on hyaluronic acid is applied.
- Biorevitalization, mesotherapy, plasma lifting … The method works on fairly young skin that is just starting to lose ground and serves to tone it, moisturize and saturate it with nutrients. Hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and even the patient’s own blood plasma (plasma lifting) are used as ingredients to cure cocktails.
Injections of active ingredients work most effectively on the relatively young skin of women 30-35 years, rejuvenating and revitalizing it, making it softer, more elastic, and smoother. The effect lasts from six months to 2 years. Older women – from 40 to 55 years old, can use fillers and strengthening threads safely. The effects of their use gradually disappear within 2-5 years.
Note! Facelift-renewal with strands is a one-time procedure. Its cost is calculated separately.
Hardware facelift technology
Hardware methods restore and rejuvenate the face by acting on it with radio waves, ultrasound, laser, microcurrents or colds, which force the skin to produce its own collagen and elastin, improve intracellular metabolism, accelerate blood flow and lymphatic and capillary lymph nodes. The skin is rejuvenated, hardened, and rejuvenated at the expense of its own resources, stimulated by the hardware facelift method.
How the method is performed:
- Clean skin is treated with disinfectant and anesthesia. In general, the discomfort when using hardware technology is small, but people with a low pain threshold may need surface anesthesia.
- The beautician selects the necessary power of the device and treats a special nozzle to treat the problem area of the face.
- The skin is soothed with a cooling gel or cream.
- Immediately after the operation, the patient can return to normal life.
- After a while – from 1 day a week – the meeting is repeated.
Note! Hardware update shows the best results after 3-12 cycles.
- Cryolifting – activates the regeneration process using the low-temperature shock effect;
- Ultrasonic facelift – accelerates skin recovery occurs under the influence of ultrasonic wave;
- RF-lift-renewal is provided by high-frequency radio waves, tissue heating;
- Microcurrents – treat the skin with galvanic currents;
Laser facelift or refraction – breaks down old cells from the surface of the face at the same time as the onset of young renewal.
The duration of the effects largely depends on the age of the patient and the condition of the skin. Laser rejuvenation, as the most effective, allows a woman to look “100%” for several years, which is comparable to the effect of a full facelift operation, but the result of other operations rarely lasts longer than 1-1.5 years. But hardware technology benefits from simplicity and low penetration.
Actual reviews about facelifts in the beauty salon
The fact that sometimes there are conflicting criticisms of facelifts testifies to the importance of choosing the right technology, a qualified specialist, and a reliable clinic or beauty salon. These are three key ingredients to success.
Elena, 50 years old
I went for a deep smash-lift on the face, neck, and décolleté, as well as blepharoplasty on the upper eyelids. She herself did not believe in such a visible result! The only thing uncomfortable after a facelift is rehabilitation, you look like a pig and the feeling is not pleasant but everything is tolerable. More than happy!
Oksana, 39 years old
On the advice of a beautician and reviews found online, I chose Aptos threads for facelifts. The presentation was very easy, it only took 40 minutes. It was a little swollen and dull, according to the dentist, but not much. The result is visible immediately! As after a circular lift. Outlines have become clearer, and wrinkles have become smoother. I fell at least 6-8 years!
Violetta, 35 years old
I did an ultrasonic lift. When I saw the sad experience of her friends, I made sure to find a living room with a legal device; I was especially looking for the American Ulthera. The contours of the face were treated for 30 minutes. After that, there was a little swelling, but no more. After about 2 weeks I found how the skin was getting… stronger, or what? As if it was semolina porridge but now a new cloth. I will definitely do it again; one session was enough for about 1, 5-2 years.