Semolina muffins, a step-by-step recipe with a picture of making dumplings on sour cream with strawberries at home. Ingredient composition and baking secrets.
Why do I love a man so much? You need a minimum of products and almost all of them are available and available. The product is processed quickly, with the exception of withstanding the dough that is swollen, but this process is rather simple and during it, you can do other things. Baking is always exceptionally delicious, very soft, and with a delicate structure. But the main thing is that one or two of these muffins with a cup of tea will replace a full breakfast in the morning. Being nutritious and well-nourished, you can forget about the hunger for lunch.
What is in semolina muffins?
As you can see, semolina can be used not only to make semolina, which not everyone likes but especially for children. It is suitable for many other dishes that no one will surely deny. These muffins are perfect for homemade tea with the family. And if you bake one big cake out of this dough, it’s easy to turn human sour cream into a real cake. To do this, carefully cut the cake in half horizontally and grease it with cream or jam.
- Caloric content per 100 g – 198 kcal.
- Dosage – 6
- Cooking time – 1 hour
- Semolina – 150 g
- Sugar – 100 g
- Sour cream – 200 g
- Baking soda – 0.25 tsp.
- Eggs – 1 pcs.
- Strawberries – 150 g
- Salt – pinch
- Soft cheese – 100 g (optional)
Step-by-step preparation of semolina muffins with sour cream and strawberries
- Put sour cream of any fat content of 10-20% in a deep bowl (I have 15%). You can also experiment with melted sour cream, the result will certainly please. With sour cream, baked goods are always crumbly and soft. But instead, you can also cook the dough on other products. For example, on kefir, muffins turn out to be less calorie but no less tasty. On the other hand, the manikin is baked in milk (plain or ghee), fermented baked milk, natural or fruit yogurt, and fermented milk and cream. The taste of the products depends on the base chosen.
- Always take sour cream or other fermented dairy products at a warm room temperature so that the eruption in the dough responds correctly. If you have just removed them from the refrigerator, heat those to about 37 degrees so that they will hardly be hot. Fermented dairy products should not be hot, so do not overheat. Check their temperature by lowering clean fingers.
- Add sugar to sour cream. You can use it not only in white but also in brown. You can also sweeten the dough with liquid honey or some kind of syrup. You can different amounts of sweetness because it depends on your preferences.
- Then add a pinch of salt. Even though you are preparing sweet cakes, salt in the dough is necessary. There are several reasons for this. First, salt is a stimulant. It activates the taste buds and enhances the taste of the product. Second, it strengthens the dough. The salt mass will always be more elegant and stronger than the fresh one. Third, it removes obsessive sweets and eliminates clutter. Fourth, salt is a preservative, so salted desserts can last longer. In addition, even in small quantities, it increases the shelf life.
- Next, add the semolina to the products. If the base of the dough is processed into milk, then the grain is added to 1 tbsp. more so that the dough is not too runny.
- Grate soft cheese on a fine grater and send it to the products. Adding it is optional, but optional. I like baked goods with cheese because it turns out to be softer and airier.
- Mix all the ingredients well and allow the dough to soak for 24 hours and soak. Then the sleeves will be crumbly, grainy, and moderately moist.
- When the semolina is ready, wash the eggs with running cold water, wipe with a towel and pour the contents into a bowl. Blow slowly at first with a mixer and then gradually. If you start beating vigorously right away, then the proteins can be liquid. Move clockwise at all times and lower the device to the bottom. When the mass glows, increases in volume, and acquires a homogeneous lemon tone, the eggs are considered ready for further work.
- Put the egg mass into the swollen dough. Stir with a beat or mixer on low speed until smooth, homogeneous dough so that there are no lumps. Its consistency should be like a thick sour cream.
- Add baking soda and stir well. Always add baking soda at the end of the cycle and mix the dough thoroughly. It is not necessary to extinguish it with vinegar, it requires an acidic environment and in our case, it will be extinguished with sour cream. You can add vanilla sugar, ground ginger powder, nutmeg, or vanilla to enhance the taste.
- Wash the strawberries under running cold water to remove dirt, dust, and sand. It is important to wash the berries immediately before use and not remove the leaves from them before washing. Then wipe the strawberries with a paper towel and remove the green stem. Cut large fruit into pieces into 2-4 slices and leave the smallest intact. Send the strawberries to the dough.
- Take firmly and firmly strawberries. You can use them as a recipe not only fresh but also frozen and even canned. Then it will be necessary to slightly reduce the number of liquid components because frozen and canned strawberries give the dough more moisture.
- With the recipe, you can fantasize and refine the taste by adding any flavoring additives, not just strawberries. Use berries and fruits that are suitable for the season. You can also make chocolate cupcakes by adding 1 tablespoon to the dough. Cocoa powder. You can put instant coffee; coffee lovers will love these cakes.
- Stir the dough with a spoon so that the berries are evenly distributed over the mass.
- . After mixing the dough, place it in a baking tin. If you have metal, lubricate the walls and bottom with vegetables or butter. You can also put paper inserts in the molds; do not smear them with anything. I have a silicone mold that you cannot lubricate. The baking does not burn in them and is pulled out well in the finished form.
- You can also bake one large sleeve by pouring the dough into a large donut, square or round shape, or into a cast-iron skillet.
- Fill in any of the selected shapes with 2/3 of the dough, as the product may rise slightly during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and send the muffins to bake for 30 minutes. If you cook one large cake, the baking time increases to 40-45 minutes. In all cases, check the preparedness with a wooden pole. The most proven and best way to know if a baked product is ready is to test it with a wooden stick (match, toothpick, and spear). Punch the product in the thickest place: if there is no dough left on the stick and it is dry, then the baking is definitely ready!
- The oven is not the only way to cook people. They are also cooked in multicore in “Bake” mode for 30 minutes or in a double boiler in a rice bowl for about an hour. A microwave oven is also suitable, at maximum power (from 850 kW), humans will be ready in 10 minutes.
- Cool the prepared semolina muffins on sour cream with strawberries and serve at the dessert table. They can be sprinkled with icing sugar, drizzled with cinnamon to taste, or melted chocolate (black, white, or milk) or whipped cream.