Vodka hair mask; how can I make it at home? Simple and effective vodka masks for all hair types. Useful properties and contraindications for alcohol. How to choose recipes for oily and dry strands, hair loss, and split ends? The vodka hair mask is a cheap and effective hair care product available to everyone. The alcohol in its composition is a well-known component of many prestigious cosmetics. Due to its high chemical activity, alcohol increases the action of other substances. It is successfully used to heal hair and scalp, and improve the function of the bulb, as it stimulates metabolism, blood circulation, and therefore nutrition from the roots and throughout the length.
Useful properties of masks based on vodka
Masks based on vodka are completely safe (if you follow the time of use and recipe), therefore they can be used without consulting a doctor. If you have serious health problems, it is better to coordinate the recipe of home cosmetics with a specialist before using them.
The secret to using alcohol mixtures successfully is as follows:
- They dry out skin that is sensitive to rapid pollution and also extends the interval between shampooing.
- Alcohol masks reduce the amount of dandruff and negatively affect the vital activity of this fungus.
- Vodka has a warming effect on the scalp, promotes vasodilation, and improves metabolism. This strengthens the hair follicles, stimulates their growth, wakes up, and accelerates regeneration.
- Mixtures with alcohol and other useful substances cure liposuction faster if they are used together with the main medicine.
- Thanks to the improvement of metabolic processes in the scalp, active components, vitamins, and antioxidants are better absorbed and therefore work more efficiently.
- Formulations with pure alcohol are almost non-allergenic and can be used both to care for healthy hair and to treat weakened, dull, split ends.
Masks based on vodka do not need to be made immediately before use. They can be stored in the refrigerator for some time without wasting precious time on systematic preparation.
Contraindications to the use of vodka hair masks
Despite its many benefits, caution should be exercised when using vodka in hair masks (as well as other homemade skin care products).
Consider contraindications to the use of vodka hair masks:
- Too much alcohol can dry out the skin and bulbs, leading to brittleness, flaking, itching, and even hair loss. Therefore, it is important to follow the mask recipe and know the number of “degrees” in vodka, which determines the capacity of pure alcohol. To reliably eliminate the drying effect, use additional nutrition and hydration products.
- For people who suffer from arterial hypertension, it is better to abandon masks of this type in favor of other recipes that do not increase blood circulation so strongly.
- Unlike other ingredients, alcohol does not cause allergic reactions. However, you should pay close attention to other ingredients – for example, honey, pepper, and essential oils to exclude negative consequences. If you experience any discomfort during any of the procedures described below, immediately wash off the mask with plenty of water.
- It is absolutely contraindicated to use vodka or moonshine of low quality. They can contain substances that not only have a negative effect on the condition of the hair but also on human health in general.
It is important to follow the recipe exactly to avoid the drying effect of vodka on the scalp and hair. Taking into account the peculiarities of individual reactions of the body, before the first use of the mask, try it on a small area of the skin (for example, on the hand). If there is a burning sensation, pronounced redness that does not disappear after 5-10 minutes, then it is better not to use the composition.
Composition and components of vodka for masks
Since this alcoholic drink is used in masks only because it contains alcohol with minimal additives, the specific brand of vodka is not so important. The small amounts of the substance used in the recipes described below will also not make a difference in individual manufacturers’ products.
It is only important that the vodka is pure and of high quality – this is necessary to warm the scalp, improve metabolism and increase the positive properties of other mask ingredients. The options should also be mentioned – instead of vodka, it is allowed to use alcohol from the pharmacy. Its advantage lies in the reliable absence of additives and high purity – all that remains is to dilute in the appropriate proportions.
The following components are present in vodka:
- Alcohol … Contains purified ethanol, which amounts to 95-96% by volume, and a small number of additives in vegetables that were part of the herb (corn, oats, potatoes, and others). It warms the skin, stimulates the bulbs, activates the work, and helps absorb other ingredients in the mask.
- Water … Purified, distilled, elite vodka brands may use water that comes from environmentally friendly springs, aquifers, distant springs, or the deepest wells. It is a universal solvent for the included components of the mask, diluting alcohol so that it does not dry out the skin and does not damage it. Moisturizes the hair and makes it more permeable to the molecules of other substances.
- Sugar … may be present in vodka in small amounts. It has a positive effect on the condition of the hair due to potassium, calcium, iron, and other trace elements in the composition.
- Various flavors and aromas … Each producer try to add a touch of originality to his vodka recipe. It is best to avoid foods whose chemical composition is difficult to control. It is not known how these additives will affect the hair and interact with other components of the mask.
Homemade Vodka Hair Mask Recipes
Do-it-yourself hair products made from high-quality ingredients can give many professional and expensive counterparts a chance. Try the recipes below to find the one that works best for your hair type.
Vodka and tea masks
Have you ever wondered how to use tea for hair health? Then you will definitely like these recipes for masks:
- With a tea leaf … We take 200 g of dry tea leaves, which we fill with 200 ml of vodka. The mixture must be given for at least 2 hours before use. When the product is ready, strain it and massage a few teaspoons into the scalp. We wrap our heads with towels to keep us warm. After one hour (if you feel uncomfortable, you can do it earlier), I wash my head. It is useful to repeat the process up to 2 times a week; the first results will be noticeable after about less than a month.
- With honey … We brew strong tea (2 tablespoons per 100 ml of water), and combine it with a tablespoon of vodka and honey. We keep it on the hair for 15 to 30 minutes.
- With milk … Tea in the same proportions (2 tablespoons per 100 ml) is brewed in milk. Add the egg yolk, after the mixture has cooled so that the component does not curl.
High-growth masks with vodka and onions
Not a very pleasant smell, this combination guarantees the fastest restoration of hair beauty and natural volume.
Consider the recipes for masks with vodka and onions:
- With lemon juice … To prepare such a mask, grind a medium-sized onion in a heap with a mixer and squeeze the juice out. Mix it with a large spoonful of vodka and add the same amount of lemon juice to the mixture. Massage into the root, leave for 20 minutes, and wash your head thoroughly. If your hair still smells strong, even after shampooing, you can try adding 1-2 drops of your favorite essential oil (tea tree, mint, cypress) to the mask which will help kill the unpleasant “smell”. Since onion and vodka are a rather strong combination, it is better to repeat the mask 1-2 times a week for several months and then take a break of 2-3 weeks.
- With honey … Chop the onion, squeeze the juice, and measure the number of spoons you get. Add honey in a ratio of 1:1, plus vodka (half of the onion juice), mix thoroughly and apply to the hair.
- With mustard … Mix onion juice (2 tablespoons) with mustard powder (20 g), add vegetable oil (20 ml), and one tablespoon of vodka. We wash it off after 15 minutes; if it bakes too hard you can do it a little earlier. The main thing is not to overexpose the mask so as not to damage the hair follicles.
- With kefir … We break the egg and mix with a teaspoon of cocoa powder, a tablespoon of vodka, and half a glass of kefir. Apply the first layer, when it dries you can redistribute it.
Hair masks with vodka and honey
These recipes contain the perfect combination of products to nourish, strengthen the hair and cleanse the scalp:
- With olive oil … In one container we combine 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tbsp. spoon of honey and 2 dessert spoons of vodka. Mix thoroughly until a uniform consistency (if the honey is sugary, you can allow it to warm up a bit) and spread on the hair. We wrap the head with a film and keep the mask for 40 minutes to an hour and then rinse off. Use the mask 2 times a week, a clear result will appear after a few weeks. The hair becomes healthier, smoother, and neater, the brittleness disappears and the ends are no longer split.
- With pollen … Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, a small spoon of pollen, a tablespoon of vodka, and half a glass of sour cream. Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes so that the pollen swells up and gives beneficial substances to the fluids.
- With yeast … Dilute a large spoonful of baker’s yeast (not powder, but “live”) with milk until a doughy mixture is obtained. Pour in a tablespoon of honey and the same amount of vodka. Cover with a towel and leave for 15-30 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Cinnamon … A tablespoon of cinnamon powder, the same amount of vodka and honey, plus 2 tbsp. We put tablespoons of vegetable oil in a water bath and heat for about 10 minutes. Cool and keep in your hair for about an hour.
Hair mask with vodka and egg
Even if your hair is beautiful and healthy, these recipes will come in handy. They aim at comprehensive care and are suitable for all hair types.
Recipes for high masks made from vodka and eggs:
- With beer … Break one medium-sized chicken egg into a container, and separate the yolk. Add a tablespoon of vodka and half a glass of beer to it. Mix well, you can use a mixer. Apply to the entire length, and gently comb the hair with a comb to distribute the mixture evenly. We keep it for up to half an hour under a film or a towel (so that the egg does not take on a “crust”). Do not use too hot water to rinse, otherwise, our composition will curl up and it will be difficult to remove.
- With oil and lemon … Mix the yolk of one egg with a teaspoon of cosmetic oil (coconut, castor oil), a tablespoon of lemon juice, and vodka. Massage thoroughly until smooth, keep for about 30 minutes.
- With yogurt … Add a quarter of a glass of yogurt, and a large spoonful of vodka to one egg yolk, and stir. Apply, wrap your head with a towel and leave for one hour.
- With cabbage juice … Add a tablespoon of vodka to the traditional egg yolk, and the same amount of honey and cabbage juice. Heat slightly to dissolve the honey.
Hair mask with castor oil and vodka
This remedy works in the same way as an onion mask but has a slightly more pleasant smell both during and after the procedure. In addition to accelerating the growth and awakening of “sleeping” bulbs, the preparations nourish the scalp and fight against dandruff.
Recipes for masks based on vodka and castor oil:
- With chili … In a water bath, in one container, combine 50 ml of castor oil, 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vodka, plus a quarter teaspoon of chili powder. Let it cool down a bit, and apply it to the roots. Heating, we keep it for up to 30 minutes, but if you feel a lot of burning sensation, you can wash it off sooner. We repeat the mask no more than 1 time a week, after a month it is worth taking a break and evaluating its effectiveness. It should be noted that after such a procedure the hair may “fall” more than usual. This should not alarm you – this is how the skin gets rid of weak, unfit hair to allow new growth.
- With apple cider vinegar. Mix egg yolk, a tablespoon of castor oil, and vodka with a small spoonful of apple cider vinegar. Massage into the scalp and leave for 30 minutes.
- With parsley … Mix a tablespoon of castor oil with 4 tablespoons of parsley juice, and add one tablespoon of vodka. You can also take dry parsley seeds, in proportions of 1 tbsp. spoon of seeds for 4 tablespoons of castor oil, heating the composition in a water bath for half an hour.
Vodka hair mask with honey and essential oils
Mask recipes that use rosemary oil, sage, bergamot, cloves, and other useful substances have a positive effect on both the scalp and the structure of the entire hair. They can also be used on oily hair, but maximum results will be visible after use on dull and weak curls.
Recipes for masks with honey and essential oils:
- With fir and rosemary oil … Grind the egg yolk with a teaspoon of honey and a tablespoon of vodka. We put in a water bath; add two tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil, plus 2-3 drops of fir and rosemary essential oils.
- With jasmine oil … Sesame or almond oil (50 ml) is mixed with 3 drops of jasmine oil, and a large spoonful of vodka, and spread over the entire surface of the hair.
- With base oils … For two large spoons of “base” (coconut or almond oil, castor oil), take 3 drops of rosemary oil, one tbsp. spoon of vodka and one drop of ylang-ylang, chamomile, patchouli, geranium, and lavender oil.
- With a blend of citrus oils … Mix a few teaspoons of almond oil with two drops of eucalyptus, orange, lemon, and patchouli oils, plus a tablespoon of vodka, traditionally for these recipes.
Mask against hair loss with vodka and medicinal herbs
These recipes have been used since ancient times, passed down to the modern generation precisely because they are simple and effective. The raw materials for them can be easily collected by hand or bought at the pharmacy.
Recipes for masks with medicinal herbs and vodka:
- With carrier oil … This oil is a universal remedy for improving hair, which is used both in isolation and as part of various masks. Combined with a small amount of vodka and orange essential oil, it makes the hair more manageable and nourishes and strengthens the hair follicles. To prepare such a healing mixture, mix 50 ml of carrier oil, 2 large tablespoons of vodka, and 2-3 drops of orange oil in a water bath. Cool to a comfortable temperature and massage into the scalp, then distribute throughout the hair. We wrap ourselves up and keep the composition from 30 minutes to an hour (depending on the condition of the hair). Wash off with plenty of water and shampoo to wash off the oil film well and prevent the hair from appearing surprisingly. We repeat up to 2 times a week.
- With a decoction of burdock rhizome … One of the priority remedies in the fight against hair loss is prepared as follows. We measure out half a liter of water, add 3 tablespoons of rhizome and boil for 30 minutes. We filter and pour a tablespoon of vodka into 100 ml of liquid. Let it brew in a dark, cool place for a week. Apply to the scalp for 30-40 minutes. In the future, it is permissible to store the composition in the refrigerator until it is completely finished.
- With tincture of oak bark … This tool is no less good for dealing with the problem of hair loss and is also a real remedy for owners of oily hair. To prepare it, we brew 2 large tablespoons of oak bark in half a liter of water for half an hour. Strain, add 1 tbsp. spoon of vodka per 100 ml and insist for a week. We use it by massaging it into the scalp and then wrapping it. We keep it no more than half an hour; repeat it 1-2 times a week.
Rules for using the vodka hair mask
In order for the use of alcohol-based formulations to be maximally effective, we have created some explanations and recommendations that will help you use this cosmetic product with maximum efficiency.
Check them out before choosing and using your favorite mask:
- The benefits of vodka for hair are indisputable. Alcohol in its composition improves blood circulation, accelerates metabolic processes in the scalp, makes hair less greasy, heals it, and removes dandruff. The main value of vodka is that it actively interacts with other useful components of the masks and enhances their effect.
- You can use any vodka whose quality is confirmed by brands. Moonshine is strictly prohibited, medical alcohol should be diluted in half or even three times (if the hair is too weak or the scalp is hypersensitive). The recipes include the use of a drink with a strength of 40 degrees.
- It is not recommended to use vodka in its pure form, rinse with other strong alcohol due to extreme overdrying of the hair.
- Vodka masks can also be used on dry, brittle hair, but it is better to give priority to recipes with the addition of oils. This ensures proper nutrition and protection against dehydration.
- On hair that is prone to rapid pollution, it is recommended to use masks with vodka and herbal waste, adding lemon juice or tea leaves.
- Vodka can be added directly to the shampoo, in proportions of 1 tbsp. spoon per 100 ml, this will increase its effectiveness and improve the hair with increased shine.
- To remove masks and enhance the healing effect, you can use herbal remedies.
- All masks should not be done all the time. Take a break between systematic use, and alternate recipes to choose the best and also avoid addictive effects.
Obviously, a Vodka hair mask should be on the beauty list of anyone trying to take care of their hair. They are easy to prepare and store, and contain natural ingredients that act in a complex substance both on the scalp and its bulbs and on the hair itself throughout its length. Due to the warming effect, these recipes are especially effective for hair growth and dandruff, and can also be recommended for drying and curing oily curls.